$10 NLHE Full Ring: KK facing flop re raise, shove or fold here?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never know whether we should shove here and take money from the over pairs we beat, or if its an easy fold when villain has a set?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($12.87)
Hero (SB) ($10.05)
BB ($5)
UTG ($4.17)
UTG+1 ($4.50)
MP1 ($8.08)
MP2 ($10.73)
CO ($5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
spade.gif
, K
club.gif

4 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.50, 2 folds, Button calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 2
club.gif
, 9
heart.gif
, 4
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1, Button raises to $3.40, Hero raises to $9.55 (All-In), Button calls $6.15

Turn: ($20.30) 3
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.30) 6
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.30 | Rake: $1.01

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im never folding this, if he has a set so be it.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this the general feeling by everyone here?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reads unfortunately but i'm sick of this situation popping up and me paying everyone off with their sets, and rarely getting a buyin back off someone with JJ or QQ, was just wondering if it is the right play or if its an obvious warning that the guy has 1 pair beat, thanks

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all depends on villain if hes a tight player im folding hes most likely got a set but if its a complete fish get it allin. players at 10nl dont play flush draws this aggressively so hes most likely got a set.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see, thanks, and if we have no reads on an opponent should we just fold here?

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my question is, why don't we have reads here? do you have a HUD? cause if you don't there are free HUDs out there that work just great, PM me is you need a link.

also it might be first hand, if so I would not fold, I would shove just like you did.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I hate these spots, it seems like spew but without reads you have to jam. Then atleast you get a read and there are so many other hands he could of had although it does seem they always have a set!

Does anything change if this is a mono tone board or 8910 or 910j and you have no reads?

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I hate these spots, it seems like spew but without reads you have to jam. Then atleast you get a read and there are so many other hands he could of had although it does seem they always have a set!

Does anything change if this is a mono tone board or 8910 or 910j and you have no reads?

why jam without reads? i would only jam with a read that makes me think he doesnt have a set.

i would rather get out with a $1.50 loss and find a better spot, than lose a buyin.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Those boards are easier to get it in, since villain will call with draws, draws+pair combos that we beat more often.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i am thinking a 1.50 loss without reads would be the best, and thanks for offering the help forsakenone but i do use a hud and everything just at 10NL the pool is so big that often ive never met half the table before

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah i am thinking a 1.50 loss without reads would be the best, and thanks for offering the help forsakenone but i do use a hud and everything just at 10NL the pool is so big that often ive never met half the table before

You just can't fold an overpair on this board, seriously. Players will do this with stuff like top pair, flush draws, and TT/JJ. Their range isn't just purely sets.

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just can't fold an overpair on this board, seriously. Players will do this with stuff like top pair, flush draws, and TT/JJ. Their range isn't just purely sets.

so your happy stacking of with 1 pair?

i think they have a set like at least 50% of the time the rest a flush draw so your basically guna lose most of the time . they have tt/jj and top pair so little its definetly -ev to go allin. if villain had stats of 13/10/50 would you still not fold?
i think the only time its profitable to stack of here is against complete fish

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I am very happy stacking with one pair.

Where are you getting 50% from?

Players will stack off with top pair here. Sets are hard to make anyway.

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
players at 10nl are not that agressive with just top pair or flush draws its to often a set.

looks like hes made a set here to me unless you have a specific read to say he hasnt.

Folding in Poker