$10 NLHE Full Ring: Good spot to double barrel against a nit?

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 10/7/2

I know the turn isnt a great card for it but he folds 85% overall. He could be calling with small PPs that I feel would fold to a double barrel?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($10.86)
Button ($10.93)
SB ($10.73)
BB ($11.18)
UTG ($4.05)
UTG+1 ($8.43)
MP1 ($18.10)
MP2 ($3.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K
heart.gif
, A
club.gif

4 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 2
spade.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 7
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.53, SB calls $0.53

Turn: ($1.76) 8
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.34,

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd barrel a spade or face card but not this turn.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the turn isnt a great card for it but he folds 85% overall.

What does this mean? To barrels?

When you're posting stats it's really important to post your sample size too (as well as clarify the stat ;))

I think barreling is fine vs the lower-wtsd nits, but in general trying to fold people off pairs at the micros is probably a bad idea. Here though, it's pretty clear that his combos of 66-33[18] are far more likely than his combos of 22[3]/88[3]/77[1]/7x[0]. Add in 99-JJ and it gets more complicated, but in general those hands are discounted as some 3bet preflop. Basically, get a read on your opponent - see how often he gets to showdown with reverse implied odds hands like underpairs, and note it.

G

gregnice

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a good spot to bluff the turn, and maybe also the river as well, depending on how you want to mix things up. Its hard to say exactly without more dynamics, have you seen this player before, has he seen you?

A player this nitty is obviously trying very hard to win, and probably playing many tables as well. So often he is holding a pocket pair here.

CheckraiseLife

CheckraiseLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as said before player reads dependant, however I dont think after you bet the flop i'm firing turn, just becuase it is pretty transaparent he has a pocket pair, and on that board he aint folding so checking it back alot, also you could still be ahead of AQ and below since he thinks the board is dry. call me weak :rolleyes:

Last edited: