$10 NLHE Full Ring: Flopped 4 of a kind (trips flop)

ukphoenix

ukphoenix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not know how to play this hand, it took me by surprise. It was a FR 9 seat but only 6 players.

Party Poker
- $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem (6 players)
Party Poker Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: $10.29
BB: $20.56
UTG: $14.82
MP Hero: $10.24
CO: $11.20
BTN: $14.58

Pre-flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP and dealt :7d4: :ad4:
UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) :7h4: :7c4: :7s4: (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.10

Turn: ($1.25) :7h4: :7c4: :7s4: :jh4: (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.62, UTG folds

Please give me your advice.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to build a pot to get all in with when you min bet the flop.You need to bet 2\3 of the pot on the flop.2\3-pot on the turn, shove river.A7s would be a fold here for me in MP though but if your going to raise pre with one limper .40-.50 would be better than .30

M

MIGO14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess its hard to get money in the middle with such a flop, instead of one or two others are holding a decent PockerPair.
Butnevertheless you should have bet higher like JoeBob wrote.

ukphoenix

ukphoenix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to build a pot to get all in with when you min bet the flop.You need to bet 2\3 of the pot on the flop.2\3-pot on the turn, shove river.A7s would be a fold here for me in MP though but if your going to raise pre with one limper .40-.50 would be better than .30

Yes, of course you are right.

1. I should not have played the hand, and if I did I should have raised .50
2. The PFR was weak, should have been .50 a far better ISO bet. But I still shouldn't have played the hand.
3. A 2/3Potbet on the flop makes sense.
4. Then I agree about the turn.

My only other thought is checking from the flop and turn. If someone caught a FH - 7's over X then they will bet. Making for a good river.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigger pre, bigger on the flop. The only hands you are making money off are pocket pairs anyway, but remember Zeebo's theorem, that no one folds a full house. So you are probably getting 2 streets of value from most pocket pairs and 3 (i.e. his whole stack) for higher ones only if you bet to get the money in the middle.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, bet bigger, but don't get discouraged if you can't get paid off with these kinda hands. You will only get paid by somebody with a decent pp, and nobody probably had one.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
iso raising pre A7s is perfectly fine imo

ukphoenix

ukphoenix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, bet bigger, but don't get discouraged if you can't get paid off with these kinda hands. You will only get paid by somebody with a decent pp, and nobody probably had one.

I wasn't worried about getting paid off, I really didn't know how to play it. Glearning experience, especially when you guys discuss it.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not check the flop? Give them a chance to pair something on the turn. If they have a pocket pair you can usually get their money on any street (Zeebo's).

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is very difficult getting value out of these hands, I never know what to do with them either. Always exciting to get quads though !

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just BET!!!!!!!!

Any PP is a FH and big broadway like to peal and see if they can spike a FH on the turn.

Noone folds a FH so just keep betting.

If they dont have anything it really dosent matter how small you bet, theyt cant call.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just BET!!!!!!!!

Any PP is a FH and big broadway like to peal and see if they can spike a FH on the turn.

Noone folds a FH so just keep betting.

If they dont have anything it really dosent matter how small you bet, theyt cant call.
This.

Just keep betting an amount that will let you get AI with a comfortable river bet.