$10 NLHE Full Ring: c/r or flat the turn?

palmerd2

palmerd2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 16/4/43

Merge - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $9.75
BB: $8.58
UTG: $6.94
UTG+1: $13.36
Hero (MP): $15.03
CO: $10.00
BTN: $10.34

BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.10) Hero has T:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 8:heart: Q:club: Q:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.40, 2 players) K:club:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.70, Hero???

Last edited by a moderator:
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't open limp pre(you should know this by now)
Why are you calling the raise pre?
You should check/raise the flop because it's decent to semibluff on imo

Last edited by a moderator:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp/Calling preflop is really bad. I'd ch/raise the flop.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should raise pre. Just call the turn.

palmerd2

palmerd2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of this argument... (taken from another discussion)

Some thoughts on the limp: JTs in MP I want to see a flop as cheap as possible. I fear that a 3x raise (my standard opening for MP) is going to get only one caller and I want as many players to the flop as possible. Hence the limp to induce a limp-fest. The small raise on the button indicates strength since I think most regs attempting to punish the limper would raise anywhere from 0.40 - 0.60. Range therefore is 99+, AQo+, AJs+.

After the Q Q 8 flop, my plan was to c-c flop and turn, folding the river if I didn't hit regardless of board texture. My monster draw on the turn was a checkraise to get value from AQ or AA and I would have snapcalled a shove. Not a good spot to be in considering I was drawing dead...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Some thoughts on the limp: JTs in MP I want to see a flop as cheap as possible. OK I fear that a 3x raise (my standard opening for MP) is going to get only one caller and I want as many players to the flop as possible OK, as long as you dont have to call a raise OOP. Hence the limp to induce a limp-fest. The small raise on the button indicates strength since I think most regs attempting to punish the limper would raise anywhere from 0.40 - 0.60. Range therefore is 99+, AQo+, AJs+.

After the Q Q 8 flop, my plan was to c-c flop and turn, folding the river if I didn't hit regardless of board texture. My monster draw on the turn was a checkraise to get value from AQ or AA and I would have snapcalled a shove. Not a good spot to be in considering I was drawing dead...

Raise<Fold Pre

Limping this hand here MP is really a bad move. Raise or fold with big % Fold PF. As played c/r flop

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Some thoughts on the limp: JTs in MP I want to see a flop as cheap as possible. I fear that a 3x raise (my standard opening for MP) is going to get only one caller and I want as many players to the flop as possible. Hence the limp to induce a limp-fest. The small raise on the button indicates strength since I think most regs attempting to punish the limper would raise anywhere from 0.40 - 0.60. Range therefore is 99+, AQo+, AJs+.

I think it's a bad argument. Why would you want a limp fest? Raising pre gives you more ways to take down the pot whether you hit or not. Limping limits the ways you can win

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise pre
As played CR flop
As played flat turn. The chances we are dead significantly increased even if we have gained outs, defo don;t really want stacks going in on the river given his tiny pfr% will contain KQ/QQ/KK whilst AK/AA may find a fold.