$10 NLHE Full Ring: Bottom Set Facing Turn Minraise

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rush Poker and only 20 hands in database so no villain reads other than his 550bb deep stack.

Full Tilt - $0.10 NL RUSH - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $2.71
UTG+1: $10.00
MP: $18.70
MP+1: $9.06
LP: $11.16
CO: $56.58
BTN: $4.83
Hero (SB): $10.74
BB: $15.24

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 3:spade: 3:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30, 3 players) 3:club: T:spade: 7:diamond:
Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.90, 3 players) 4:club:
Hero bets $1.00, fold, CO raises to $2.00, hero ?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like a call and try to boat up, otherwise c/f river.

Unless he has ATcc it's hard to see what he can be semibluffing/value-betting worse with on such a disconnected/raggy board.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, even if it's only 20 hands, maybe it is worth mentioning villain is showing stats of 19/0/2.5

Since he open limped pre and was so deepstacked I was thinking possibly any two suited semi-connectors or Ace-rag spades might be within his range. That gives 89s, T7s, 74s, 34s, and A2s, A5s, A6s some possibility. Or am I being a bit too wide in my estimate? If these are included, then we have something like 65+% equity. I think TT/77 raise pre, so not including those.

If we include these suited connectors in possible range, and we raise in this spot, we are basically committing our stack though right?

Last edited:
H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Unless he has ATcc it's hard to see what he can be semibluffing/value-betting worse with on such a disconnected/raggy board.

I don't understand this advice... So you put him on 56 and only 56? If we boat up and are against another set, then we are still behind... What kind of range would this advice apply to? Again, assuming a boat helps us what could we be behind here except the 56?

I don't really like a call here seeing as the board has soooo many draws. I would be raising in this spot ready to get it in if we face a reraise.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we get the money in here we'll be behind most of the time. When the board pairs (barring quads) we're probably still an underdog to his range if he shoves but pot odds will demand a call. I'd feel differently if the board went Js7d3c Tc.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you smoking crack? You're instantly putting villain on 56 and bigger sets with no reads other than a fat stack? Just get the damn money in, and if you get coolered it happens.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah jamming is cool by me

but

this is undeniably a classic "i have 1 pair beat" line. we bet the flop into two and overbet the turn.

unfortunately there are very few real 2-pair combos on this board.

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get your stack in man he could easily be doing that with an overpair or a10 or a pair with fd your ahead here most of the time.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, not reraising here is criminal, I couldn't agree more. But jamming seems a bit of an overbet, yes? What worse hand can call that?

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess if I include at least one or two two-pair combinations and Ac7c, Ac5c then I probably still have equity to 3bet/get it in on the turn.

However, since it is unclear whether two-gappers are really in his open limp range and no reads... I'm actually inclined now to go with a passive line, call the turn minraise and not risk full stacks until evaluating the river. If a scare card comes we can get away from it cheaply by c/fold to big bet, if no scare card bet small/fold to raise.

idk, maybe the above is being too careful about it. this hand infuriated me to no end... and capped a brutal 4-buyin loss over just a 25 minute session that sent me cooler after cooler with people calling big 3bets with hands they shouldn't be and out-monstering my monsters.

fwiw, I 3bet turn to $6, then called his 4bet shove. He turned over set of 4's. I'm not really sure why the was calling my donk flop bet for, but I guess he just had his lucky rabbit foot firmly implanted in his ass that day.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get your stack in man he could easily be doing that with an overpair or a10 or a pair with fd your ahead here most of the time.

I don't' think overpair applies here -- really, who open limps with JJ+? AT maybe, but most would probably raise it from CO and try to take down the blinds.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open limpers rarely limp the hands they should, and often don't know not to treat AT like the nuts in this spot.

Or:

DON'T FOLD SETS!!

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AT raises the flop

This is pure Baluga on a board with no real 2 pair hands