$10 NLHE Full Ring: AA in pos reraised o flp >???

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes you guys think the info you get after min raising him will be so much better than the info you already have? I mean if he has ANY FDs in his range (I maintain he doesn't) what makes you think he doesn't shove over the min raise with them? I don't play 11/8 but I know I would. As for 99-JJ why would a nit go crazy with them here and raise? Nits don't do that. Nits make the nuts, then raise.

Glad you brought it up, I forgot to mention my opinion of the hand. I think nits @ the micros over value TPTK and are VERY willing to stack off with it almost always. So 99-QQ (or 99-JJ if you want) should be raising this flop, especially on such a wet board where Hero can have a ton of draws. I'm not saying raising is the right play but I'm sure he is raising with those hands

He's gotta have FDs too, and T9s probably, 22-JJ make up only 4.5% of hands, do you think that's ALL he calls with in the blinds? I would 3-bet larger than min mostly because his mid PPs can shut down to a turn overcard, and be happy to get it in.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad you brought it up, I forgot to mention my opinion of the hand. I think nits @ the micros over value TPTK and are VERY willing to stack off with it almost always. So 99-QQ (or 99-JJ if you want) should be raising this flop, especially on such a wet board where Hero can have a ton of draws. I'm not saying raising is the right play but I'm sure he is raising with those hands

He's gotta have FDs too, and T9s probably, 22-JJ make up only 4.5% of hands, do you think that's ALL he calls with in the blinds? I would 3-bet larger than min mostly because his mid PPs can shut down to a turn overcard, and be happy to get it in.

You think he calls from the blinds to an UTG raise wider than he plays overall? T9s isn't a top 11% hand.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes you guys think the info you get after min raising him will be so much better than the info you already have? I mean if he has ANY FDs in his range (I maintain he doesn't) what makes you think he doesn't shove over the min raise with them? I don't play 11/8 but I know I would. As for 99-JJ why would a nit go crazy with them here and raise? Nits don't do that. Nits make the nuts, then raise.

Most 10NL players arent very aggro with FDs.. give them a small raise and they will call it with a FD.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again what FDs does he have here? We have the Ad so what he might have 1 (KdQd) in his range? Maybe?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again what FDs does he have here? We have the Ad so what he might have 1 (KdQd) in his range? Maybe?

TBH the minraise is more of an alternative to calling rather than an alternative to folding.

A lot of players reading this are struggling releasing AA so this lets them get away cheaper. Eventually they will realise that 90% of the time this guy is setminng and hit his set and there is nothing you can do about the 10% when he does something spazzy.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotcha. :)

I guess if it gets them to stop paying off nits it's better than just auto getting it in here.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You think he calls from the blinds to an UTG raise wider than he plays overall? T9s isn't a top 11% hand.

You're misreading the hand dude, Hero was Button. Big assumption that villain is positionally aware in any case :)

TBH the minraise is more of an alternative to calling rather than an alternative to folding.

A lot of players reading this are struggling releasing AA so this lets them get away cheaper. Eventually they will realise that 90% of the time this guy is setminng and hit his set and there is nothing you can do about the 10% when he does something spazzy.

How do you think this guy doesn't play sets and overpairs the same way? There are more combos of 99-JJ (QQ) than sets so it's a fist-pump-raise-get-it-in to me...Doesn't matter the nit gets paid off when he has a set, we get paid off when he has an overpair.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're misreading the hand dude, Hero was Button. Big assumption that villain is positionally aware in any case :)

How do you think this guy doesn't play sets and overpairs the same way? There are more combos of 99-JJ (QQ) than sets so it's a fist-pump-raise-get-it-in to me...Doesn't matter the nit gets paid off when he has a set, we get paid off when he has an overpair.

Yeah you're right, I thought we were UTG the entire time for whatever reason. Definitely widens his range somewhat (probably not as much as you're giving him bit w/e). Certainly makes stacking on the flop much better than I originally thought.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think that because we are in LP a nit is more likely to 3bet QQ and JJ than to flat.

I dont see a nit stacking off with 99 or TT most of the time even if it is an overpair.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think that because we are in LP a nit is more likely to 3bet QQ and JJ than to flat.

I dont see a nit stacking off with 99 or TT most of the time even if it is an overpair.
Yeah it should basically eliminate JJ+ from his range. Still not sure what our best line is postflop but I hate stacking less now than I did when I though we were UTG.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm 100% with this