BU: $14.10 (141 bb)
SB (Hero): $14.67 (147 bb)
BB: $31.44 (314 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 6 5
4 players fold, Hero raises to $0.25, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.50) 9 5 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.80, SB (Hero) folds

Villain Stats: Unknown

Is this a population read spot for whether to call or fold to the raise? I put an approximation of this spot into GTO wizard and it is never folding to this raise with 65s. I think the 10z pool on ACR is aggressive enough to have bluff heres but still is probably under bluffing this spot... I am also drawing dead against a 9. Comfy fold?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Preflop, I would raise to 3X since you're out of position for the hand.

On the flop, it's very player dependent (ie what is he capable of bluffing wise), but I think with no specific reads, a fold is fine.

E

eetenor

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $19.25 (193 bb)
MP: $12.00 (120 bb)
CO: $10.73 (107 bb)
BU: $14.10 (141 bb)
SB (Hero): $14.67 (147 bb)
BB: $31.44 (314 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 6 5
4 players fold, Hero raises to $0.25, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.50) 9 5 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.80, SB (Hero) folds

Villain Stats: Unknown

Is this a population read spot for whether to call or fold to the raise? I put an approximation of this spot into GTO wizard and it is never folding to this raise with 65s. I think the 10z pool on ACR is aggressive enough to have bluff heres but still is probably under bluffing this spot... I am also drawing dead against a 9. Comfy fold?

Thank you for posting.

When we play zoom and have NO HUD data on our V we use the data we do have to make our decisions.

What piece of data is staring us in the face before this hand starts?

Our V is IP with a huge stack.

What does that mean?

Always 2 possibilities

1 They are skilled which means they are agg and willing to play situations not just their cards.

2 They are not skilled but are on a heater which means they will play more agg like above.

Preflop we have 65s OOP vs 2 player types that are calling a wide range of hands IP. Including AA maybe KK.
Their range also includes hands that we have huge reverse implied odds vs 76 86 87 A5 etc

When we make many of our nut straights 432 347 478 we are just not getting to stack off OOP vs the skilled player type as they will not over play 2 pair IP on those boards.

3 We are folding to agg on so many boards vs these player types that 65s in zoom in this spot would be +EV to fold pre.

Playing zoom if the fields are weak we want to play IP. 65s as a 3 bet on the BTN vs a mid P open is a much better +EV spot so why not fold here and and get to that spot sooner.

Hope this helps.

:):)

Last edited:
H

Hermus

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I agree. Good spot for an exploitative fold against a population that generally raises very value heavy. Because villain's raise is on the large side we're also allowed to fold more so we're probably folding all of our junk and some weak pairs like 65s.

The flop is probably not a range bet SB vs BB but you're still betting the majority of the time so I like a smaller sizing. Small sizing are especially effective in a fast-fold format because most people still over-fold the flop against small c-bets, but they tend to be more aggressive so bet/folding the flop is also slightly cheaper.

Floating and turning your hand into a bluff on any blank that's not a heart is the alternative in my opinion. Because we're folding out all our junk on the flop 65s is towards the bottom of our range and bottom pairs benefits the most from protection.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Preflop
As others have said, make it larger out of position. At least 3BB, and 3,5BB would not be bad either.

Flop
Our hand do need a fair bit of protection, since any two random overcards have 25% equity. So I am ok betting, but it does suck, when we get raised. The thing is, that while its probably "correct" to call at least once, how often are we realistically going to get to showdown? So getting out now does cut our losses and avoid sticky siuations later.

With that being said are people really always raising trips? Are they not sometimes slowplaying it? So I kind of hate folding to a flop raise on paired boards, because it feels like, so often people are just full of it. But again looking forward to the turn and river, I am not excited about continuing on with a weak pair like this. Even if we are ahead now, there is a decent chance, he gets there later, or he continue barreling and make us fold the best hand.

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
He could be reraising with any draws, any two overcards with a backdoor straight + bd flush
78s, Ax with flush or bd flush draw. A lot of hands work really well as a raise here, since you are likely to have a lot of marginal hands + marginal draws here. I think a check works well here often, and if you raise you sure as hell should be calling knowing that a lot of reraises can be semi bluffs. I think we always check here due to this being a spot where a lot of v's hands can raise confidently.

As others have said, if you raise you raise a bit larger here. But OOP this is a difficult hand to play if you get called. You will have to check so many turn cards because they improve so many of V's hands. Thus I think a check is good here.