Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $12.32 (123 bb)
MP: $13.42 (134 bb)
CO: $17.36 (174 bb)
BU: $12.30 (123 bb)
SB (Hero): $14.98 (150 bb)
BB: $12.10 (121 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A Q
2 players fold, CO raises to $0.25, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) T 9 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.05, CO calls $1.05

Turn: ($4.20) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($4.20) K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Villain Stats:
Unknown

Common spot here where I am OOP in a 3-bet pot SB vs BTN/CO and I have overcards.

I tend to c-bet in this situation with the overcard draws, but is this enough equity alone to bluff with or should I wait for a board with a gutshot or at least a backdoor? I don't think I am getting the opponent to fold much that is beating me here other than some smaller PP, so this would likely have to be a 2-barrel bluff which not many turn cards set me up for.

Should my strategy with this flop/holdings be check fold?

J

johnlocke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think on this board I would check the AhQh.
If you want to bet AQ here, you can try betting AQo with a spade, because on some runnouts you will be able to triple barrel bluff.

Edit: the value in betting here is to fold him off pocket pairs on the flop. You´ll have plenty of hands to do that with if you include hands with a spade. If you check and he bets, you can fold this combo i think, unless he bets super small.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From a purely theoretical standpoint, on this board texture, you don't really have many combos you can bet for value so you shouldn't really have many bluffs. If you're going to c-bet a balanced polarised range, AhQh is not a good bluff combo. You already beat a lot of pure junk, and you'll also have worse showdown hands with some more draw potential (like QJs, KQ, KJ). If you bet all those you're probably already slightly over-bluffing because you can only reasonable have overpairs, TT, 99, and a few Tx hands.

Because it's Zoom microstakes I don't dislike the idea of c-betting range (or close to range with all overcards), even on this kind of board, but only against the nitty regs and recreational players. Both types are very fit or fold so c-betting for a small amount against a wide range are auto profit bets most of the time. Betting somewhere between 25%-33% of the pot is usually enough. This sizing, because they should defend more, induces bigger folding mistakes compared to your size if they play fit or fold.

In conclusion, c-bet less on boards that miss your range. C-bet more but with a smaller sizing against fit or fold players.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting in the river wouldnt be effective? An overcard, with the flush made, would suit the betting history