$10 NLHE 6-max: Zoom: Hero Rivers Quads...

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker - https://upswingpoker.com/replayer/3qdg0EM

UTG: $10.15 (102 bb)
MP: $20.10 (201 bb)
CO: $10.63 (106 bb)
BU: $5.84 (58 bb)
SB: $10.55 (106 bb)
BB (Hero): $21.25 (213 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K♠ 8♠
2 players fold, CO raises to $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.80) 8♦ 8♣ 7♦ (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($2) 5♣ (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: ($2) 8♥ (3 players)
Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BU folds

Total pot: $5 (Rake: $0.25)

Showdown:
BB (Hero) shows K♠ 8♠ (four of a kind, Eights)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 85%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

CO mucks T♥ T♦ (a full house, Eights full of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 15%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

BB (Hero) wins $4.75
My reason for posting this is to get your opinions on getting max value out of monster hands like this, what do you guys do in these situations? Shove to make it look like you're bluffing, etc.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At that point, I would certainly hope he had a hand something like he did and overbet. If you balance your bluffs with value bets like this, it can be very hard to play against.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should just raise flop given 3-way action. As played, river just play unbalanced, I would just jam most of the time in micro.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's tough to get max value with worst position. Nice hand. I think your 3/4 pot bet is fine but I agree with others that potting it or overbetting it is even better. After checking two streets and having the turn check around I think we get enough action from 7x and overpairs to size up. I wouldn't go as far as jamming but certainly a pot sized bet and up to 2x pot are in play for me.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many options for this hand. A path could be a check-raise on the flop (it could be of a standard size, such as x3 for example) to induce open calls from combined draws that will seek their post flop equity. On the turn on the turn we can play check-call. Finally on this river these lines of flushs have failed, so a final bet on our part, manages to induce calls from all possible couples of the rank v, who formed a full house on the river.
Regards.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer check-raising the flop, especially when both opponents have put money in the pot. There are quite a few draws on this board, and the problem with slowplaying is, that we allow those draws to realise their equity very cheaply. There is also a risk, that future overcards can slow down a hand like TT. So while TT would probably not have stacked off anyway, playing your hand fast is better overall. If you want to mix in a slowplay, then do it with your flopped boats sometimes.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm for sure raising flop here. Too many draw combos out there to give away free cards. And you also want to get it in right away against any potential 8x combos.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the way you played it if you are check-raising river.
You can get a lot of value from check raising flop or betting turn as well.
The way you played it, on the river you are only getting value from 7x or mid pocket pairs, which presumably should bet if you check to them.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the way you played it if you are check-raising river.
You can get a lot of value from check raising flop or betting turn as well.
The way you played it, on the river you are only getting value from 7x or mid pocket pairs, which presumably should bet if you check to them.
Agreed.

Anybody not liking the PF call?

I wouldn’t call that on general against 2 ppl being OOP. don’t See mich value here.