$10 NLHE 6-max: Wtf im supposed to do here.:)

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is a winning reg, he can have all A9s A6s combos, because I 3bet a lot, i think he wouldnt jam combo draws on the turn + maybe bet bigger on the turn? like 75%, I give him good price to call and see the river, so I guess mostly folding? feels bad tho, if we play 500z probably easy call. or should I just jam turn myself to unleash my punting range?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $10.70 (107 bb)
CO: $17.96 (180 bb)
BU: $10.28 (103 bb)
SB (Hero): $10.00 (100 bb)
BB: $9.70 (97 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A Q
1 fold, CO raises to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.10) A T 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.66, CO calls $0.66

Turn: ($3.42) 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.64, CO raises to $16.30 (all-in), SB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $6.70 (Rake: $0.30)
CO wins $6.40

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your game in this hand. The villain perceives all the aces in your range, so he can comfortably push with his winning hands. His most likely bluff hould be TPTK, but since you 3-bet a high % of the time, you are blocking many broadways type hands, such as QK and QJ. So it increases the chance of you isolating yourself with the top of his range. That for this texture it should contain all the pockets that were defended preflop and are now sets. He might even have defended here with the absolute nuts (78s).
Greetings.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet to 10bb and flop underbet to 6bb why?

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet to 10bb and flop underbet to 6bb why?
:D what? it's 11bb standard sizing btw because we are out of position, and 33% bet on the flop is decent also, we bet range on this board mostly, could go half pot I think too.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It feels to me as though he just picked up a flush draw to go with his gutshot broadway draw, and decided to unleash his own punting range.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, this is a good fold. You were quite aggressive and took the initiative. But you were able to stop in time. The villain can have many different hands (AT, A9, A6, 78, or even set). He is afraid of the flush draw, so he decided to push now.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having trouble reconciling these descriptions, ranges, and reads. Is he really a good reg if he's calling 5x 3 bets with A6s? If he is calling that wide then why will he never jam a combo draw? How does he play his combo draws then? If he thinks you're 3B too much then how does he play his AJ or AQ? Does he just very infrequently raise vs a double barrel? On one hand you are saying that you are 3B wide so he is calling wide. On the other hand you are saying he doesn't have bluffs or even strong combo draws and mostly has us beat here. It's hard for both things to be true unless he is very unbalanced and only fires off with strong value. If that is the case then good fold. But if he thinks we are raising too often and rarely have a strong enough top pair to stack off then we need to defend at some frequency.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played fine. Sometimes you can check the turn. There won't be a big mistake in folding this hand. But you need to look at your opponent carefully, what is his image at the table and what he thinks of you. Sometimes, depending on these factors, you need to call in a given spot.