$10 NLHE 6-max: Would you fold to these shoves?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are 10NL at BOL, which is their lowest stake. Would you fold either/both?

I open to 3x from CO with KcQc. BB calls

Flop is KQ2 rainbow. BB checks. I bet a bit more than half the pot. He min raises.

No read on the guy. Never played him before.

Some guys there will do these min raises to see where they are, so I raise to $1.50. He then shoves his remaining ~$7 (~$5.50 for me to call).

I am behind only 3 hands but if I am behind I am waaaaaay behind. I was thinking it looks like 22 unless he's really nuts. KK and QQ would just flat call preflop? Plus I have blockers. I was close to folding but I ended up calling in case he's one of those guys.
----

I have the two red Js on BTN.

CO limps. I raise to 40c. BB calls and CO calls.

Js6d7d flop. They both check. I bet about 67% pot. BB folds, CO calls.

Turn's the 8c. He checks, I bet 67% pot again. He instashoves.

Compared to the first hand, I feel better here since a set of 6,7, or 8 is in his range. I would be losing to 45 or 9T as I have seen guys take the same line with them too but I would still have 10 outs (unless the dude has a straight flush draw too). It's just $6 more to call, so I called.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are 10NL at BOL, which is their lowest stake. Would you fold either/both?

I open to 3x from CO with KcQc. BB calls

Flop is KQ2 rainbow. BB checks. I bet a bit more than half the pot. He min raises.

No read on the guy. Never played him before.

Some guys there will do these min raises to see where they are, so I raise to $1.50. He then shoves his remaining ~$7 (~$5.50 for me to call).

I am behind only 3 hands but if I am behind I am waaaaaay behind. I was thinking it looks like 22 unless he's really nuts. KK and QQ would just flat call preflop? Plus I have blockers. I was close to folding but I ended up calling in case he's one of those guys.
----

I have the two red Js on BTN.

CO limps. I raise to 40c. BB calls and CO calls.

Js6d7d flop. They both check. I bet about 67% pot. BB folds, CO calls.

Turn's the 8c. He checks, I bet 67% pot again. He instashoves.

Compared to the first hand, I feel better here since a set of 6,7, or 8 is in his range. I would be losing to 45 or 9T as I have seen guys take the same line with them too but I would still have 10 outs (unless the dude has a straight flush draw too). It's just $6 more to call, so I called.

Thank you for posting.

Hand 1

We want to be looking at our bet sizing and raising strategies head-up here.

With such a strong hand on the flop we want our V to continue with a wide range and as we hit both K and Q we cannot count on them having either Kx or Qx. It is ok if A9 calls a flop bet or even 44 etc etc so smaller sizing has a greater ROI

If we decide the min check raise is a feeler bet with say Kx or Qx why are we raising? Will the V not fold more of their range that we dominate?

As played a standard V range for the shove has very few bluffs in it they seldom do this with JT-is your player pool capable of bluffs here? BOL has some wild players so a call may be mandatory

If not the range is AA KK QQ 22 KQ---
If that is the range and we are more skilled we can fold and get the players chips later.
However if the V shoves Kx hands like KJ KT then we have to call based on total combo of hands

Hope this helps
:):):)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On hand 1, with 10NL at BOL, I'm calling all day with top 2 pr. Given preflop action, he is repping only 22.

I have seen players from that player pool do this with any top pair, ANY 2 pair, and worse.

I think, in a macro sense, your call was fine.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: At least a little of the decision goes into what we have seen before from villain. I get you may be readless but there at least was some time they were at the table. Even if they were only at your table for 3 hands and they folded all of them, it still says something. I find it hard to fold here as we have top two and the top two we have set block cards we should expect a raise from pre flop if they were out there. The only over pair also would have said something pre flop. The bet in a vacuum looks like 22 as JJ and other pairs should not be doing this, same with draws. K2 and Q2 are possible but they called a raise which is pretty damn loose to do so although we all have seen it. I make the crying call here but to be honest I would expect 22 to be flipped over by the villain.

Hand 2: This is a much easier decision since there are many hands that would do this that you beat with all two pair combos out there and smaller sets. I would not think too hard about the decision before calling, no way can you fold top set there even if 3 to a straight is out there.

Folding in Poker