$10 NLHE 6-max: what bluffs if any would you take this line with?

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On GlobalPoker
blinds are $0.05/$0.10

Villain (UTG) $7.62
Hero (CO) $9.5

preflop:
Villain(UTG) limps
MP limps
Hero(CO) raises to $0.6
BTN, SB and BB fold
Villain(UTG) calls
MP folds

Flop (pot: $1.45) :kh4: :9h4: :3c4:
Villain(UTG) checks
Hero (CO) checks

Turn (pot: $1.45) :7d4:
Villain(UTG) bets $0.72
Hero (CO) raises to $2.1
Villain (UTG) calls

River (pot: $5.65) :8c4:
Villain (UTG) checks
Hero (CO) bets $4.92 to put villain all-in
Villain folds

Do you have a range that takes this line and what bluffs if any are in that range?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i might take this line w/ AXhh or KX (the raise on turn seems like a good protection vs flush draws)

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, 97s,T8s(hearts),56s(hearts)Can't see any Kxes
78s(hearts is another possibility.
And A7s maybe

Also 7s - I'd likely be betting flop tho. & Kings at times.

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After fish calls CB I would not have any bluffs after that.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would bet most of my heart draws on the flop. hands that I check on the flop are probably going to mostly be hands with showdown value or hands that dont make good bluffs

so i think I would put hands like AQhh or maybe A3hh into my check range on the flop, maybe check really strong combo draws on the flop like QJhh or JThh

i dont really have a lot of Kx in my flop checking range, maybe some weak Kx with a strong blocker, but i dont give villain too many Kx in his preflop limp-calling range either

my ability to build ranges isnt as strong as id like it to be, so I'm trying to work through this one step at a time

Last edited:
mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, what do you guys think of these ranges?

Raise preflop with this range:
ad866779684005da13b4a17db94e78c6.png

Check the flop with this range:
155f94b282f75e2a6fe17a09a45fd9b0.png

the KJ in this range are only KxJh that block some of his flush draws

raise the turn with this range:
bb1bd602d1ec2c36f2967bdbd31c9dc0.png

and pile it on the river with this range:
1ee9620ca13326402d15777742d342ac.png

note: if your not familiar with flopzilla, the little number in the corner of the hand is the number of combos. the ones without a number are all combos of that hand.

seems like too many bluffs in my turn raising range... i do think i should be calling his bet with most of my value hands right? because most of his betting range here is going to be weak pairs and draws. raising 15 combos of pure bluffs, 9 combos of semi bluffs, and 2 combos for value, seems bad... maybe i can add 6 combos of KJo and 9 combos (3 each) of TT-QQ for value? still maybe too many bluffs.

Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to have two value hands for each bluff. Construct a value range.

My value range would be(The way the hand played) 3 combos of Kings, 2 combos of 97s, & perhaps 3 combos of 7s. That's it.
Again why aren't one gappers in your range??

So that's about 9 - which again very unlikely cause we would be betting kings as well.
If it's 8,9 - you need about 4 bluffs
If it's 6 - 3 bluffs

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But also keep in my that this is fish we are talking about. So all those work may be worthless.
So probably shove 0 bluffs as Braveslice said. But depends on what kind of fish he is

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about the comment earlier, I do understand the goal of the topic even though he is a fish. And I somehow assumed CB, btw there should be no check range on the flop after isolation imo that might steer the hand away a lot from gto alone. I think some other case would be better to start working on with though against unknown tag – standard case rather than exception that screams exploitative play.

Good job building ranges, I try to follow to learn too.

So we need to have bluff % for flop 2/3 - turn ½ - river 1/3 is this correct? What is turn check raise bluff ratio? I dont' see many hands against fish that would check raise for value : hands like 77, 97, 37 but only 77 is on isolation range, so would 8hTh be enough for bluff range. Other hands would bet flop for value. Man I can't get pass this fish thing =)

Last edited: