$10 NLHE 6-max: What is his 4bet call range? Do I have the equity to call the 3bet?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this hand i though this guy was a regular player(had few hands off him but lucked like he was)
In 128 hands he was VPIP 28 PFR 24 3bet 16 he has a 99% call 4bet but in only 2 ocations.
So with A2s u can use it as a call to 3bet and 4bet bluff with KTo,KJo or ATo, or u can use it as a 4bet bluff in a more tigh strategy.
Wath i spect him to call the 4bet with, AQs and AQo, TT+,some slowplay off AA and KK(like 25% off them) some QQ and AK(like 50% call 50% 5bet shove) in this field at this spot BTN vs SB i spect to get 5bet shove with QQ+ and AK.
Wish do you thing is his 4bet call rangue?
398uU.png

So when he 3bets jam me flop i dont spect to manny or any bluff at all, the question is iff i have the equity to call?.
398uV.png

i had 28% pot odds.
So iff he 3bets jam flop only for value with Tpair plus i have 35% equity.
398uW.png

But giving that he had a much biguer range lets see vs his real rangue more or less
398vc.png

Not big deal he has 3 more combos off sets that lowers my equity to 32. At the moment off the call vs his set i had 25% equity.
So at the end vs his rangue is a lucrative call marginal or almost brake even but is not -EV at all.
Do you put or stract some hands from that rangue?

Last edited by a moderator:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost track of this hand pre flop so I am not sure how this hand played out pre. That makes a little difference here as it could widen his range a bit or tighten it. To me, if this was a 2.5x raise flop and then a call then villain could have some hands we crush like 75 spades and hell maybe even something as weak as QJ spades. If the pre flop action was more intense than that my guess would be your exclusively going against a set here. If there was action pre I cant see villain having K6, K4, 64, 75, etc type hands. Therefore since you are very likely to be going against a set then it is about even to call or fold. I'd say for the very times villain does not have a set here it is probably worth it to call here as you are only trailing pot odds by a few % if they do indeed have a set.

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should check/fold flop, most of your profit should be coming from flopping straight flushes, this way you reduce variance and increase your EV.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost track of this hand pre flop so I am not sure how this hand played out pre. That makes a little difference here as it could widen his range a bit or tighten it. To me, if this was a 2.5x raise flop and then a call then villain could have some hands we crush like 75 spades and hell maybe even something as weak as QJ spades. If the pre flop action was more intense than that my guess would be your exclusively going against a set here. If there was action pre I cant see villain having K6, K4, 64, 75, etc type hands. Therefore since you are very likely to be going against a set then it is about even to call or fold. I'd say for the very times villain does not have a set here it is probably worth it to call here as you are only trailing pot odds by a few % if they do indeed have a set.
I 4bet him and he called with 66.