loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
10nlz, no/limited info on V.

Obv. V's flushes bet, but hard to put him on sets. some 2 pair combos here. We calling and not worrying about it?

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 108.7 BB
Hero (SB): 102 BB
BB: 140.4 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 131.1 BB
CO: 120 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 11.5 BB, fold, MP calls 8.5 BB

Flop: (24 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 6:spade: 7:heart:
Hero bets 12.5 BB, MP calls 12.5 BB

Turn: (49 BB, 2 players) T:club:
Hero bets 27 BB, MP calls 27 BB

River: (103 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
Hero checks, MP bets 80.1 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 51 BB and is all-in

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please humour my novice feedback 😁

So the Ah, Kh make the flush less likely, and same for KK as u hold one, low pockets pairs also unlikely as u say but possible, maybe a hand with 10 in it TT, K10, A10, maybe even KJ and KQ. Can’t believe he has missed straight draws based on pfr.

I’d be calling as don’t need to be good that often to make it a good call and thinking due to size of pot once I check he will shove with all hands

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why didn't you bet the river? Were you expecting him to bluff for 1/2 pot size?

As played, I want to fold the river now unless he's a drooler. He's giving you great odds to call, what hands is he expecting to fold out? KQ/QQ? He should have only value hands here, but maybe your river check confused him.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Why didn't you bet the river? Were you expecting him to bluff for 1/2 pot size?

As played, I want to fold the river now unless he's a drooler. He's giving you great odds to call, what hands is he expecting to fold out? KQ/QQ? He should have only value hands here, but maybe your river check confused him.

John- that's a good point. We should be expecting that all hands we beat to be checking down, and that V shouldn't be bluffing here often if ever.

Just fire out a 1/4 pot bet?

Also, since the T isn't the T of hearts, he actually has a few flush combos here, though not too many.

Not worried about sets, they would have raised turn most cases.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree if we aren't x/f then we should lead jam since it doesn't make any sense for V to bluff here. I guess I'm more skeptical of V than John because for this price I need to be sure V isn't a drooler before folding and since we have no/limited reads I'm probably also calling. If we were deeper then the fold makes sense. If we were deeper I'd also be interested in when our line changes from jam to x/f to b/f etc.

With this SPR in a 3 bet pot, what about sizing up flop to jam safe turns? If we cbet flop for 2/3 or 3/4 we can jam 74.5 BB into a 56 BB pot or 72.5 BB into a 60 BB pot on the turn. Seems awkward to leave ourselves 50 BB on the river with a 100+ BB pot. Also seems bad to size down too much and let too many combos make it to the river on a connected board.