$10 NLHE 6-max: Turn raise? Yay or nay

6bet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats up guys, here is a hand I played from the BB. Looking back, I think my turn raise was definitely too large, and that calling probably would have been a better option, considering the ranges at play, my range advantage, and my particular holding. What do you guys think or how would you have played here?

Thanks in advance for your input

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/3qhrlvZ

G

guasol13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats up guys, here is a hand I played from the BB. Looking back, I think my turn raise was definitely too large, and that calling probably would have been a better option, considering the ranges at play, my range advantage, and my particular holding. What do you guys think or how would you have played here?

Thanks in advance for your input

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/3qhrlvZ

Call on the turn, depending on what goes on the river all your chips inside. Cheers

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would call as you noticed, I was in position and would try to extract more on the river

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you can 3-bet AJ, when its blind vs. blind, since his range should be very wide. But as played its just a call down. Its kind of backwards to start raising the turn, when the board just got kind of dangerous. I assume, you are raising for value, but its difficult to come up with that many worse hands, that will call a raise on the turn AND a bet on the river.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are raising here to protect your raising range on the turn in BVB scenarios, that might make sense at 200 NL. At 10NL I wouldn’t bother and try to maximize value. His hand range is very wide and I could see him triple barrel with a lot of air so I would just keep calling.

I wonder if people think we would want to raise a
A) brick river
B) flush river
C) straight river.

6bet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, you can 3-bet AJ, when its blind vs. blind, since his range should be very wide. But as played its just a call down. Its kind of backwards to start raising the turn, when the board just got kind of dangerous. I assume, you are raising for value, but its difficult to come up with that many worse hands, that will call a raise on the turn AND a bet on the river.

Totally agree with this analysis. I didn't 3bet pre specifically to keep in his weaker holdings and allow him to bluff. But then the turn got scary and I "protection raised" my top pair in the moment which I realized I didn't really like later.

6bet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are raising here to protect your raising range on the turn in BVB scenarios, that might make sense at 200 NL. At 10NL I wouldn’t bother and try to maximize value. His hand range is very wide and I could see him triple barrel with a lot of air so I would just keep calling.

I wonder if people think we would want to raise a
A) brick river
B) flush river
C) straight river.

Why do you say this play would be better at 200 NL?

To answer your query: I would probably call on all three options if he bet the river after I called all previous streets. Even on a brick, is TPTK good enough to raise v three barrels?

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like your raise turned your to pair into a bluff. You may have had the best hand, but as played you appear to have smashed the turn. If getting a fold was the plan, you got it.

I'm not really a fan of playing passively vs a steal, so I don't see this type of situation too often. I think you put yourself in position to lose a stack with TPTK.

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The raise was kinda high but I understand your raise I would do the same.