BTN: 412.7 BB
SB: 281.1 BB
BB: 167.2 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 124 BB
Hero (CO): 136.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9d Kd
fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, SB raises to 7 BB, BB calls 6 BB, Hero calls 4.5 BB

Flop : (21 BB, 3 players) Td Js 2d
SB bets 9.2 BB, BB calls 9.2 BB, Hero calls 9.2 BB

Turn : (48.6 BB, 3 players) Qs
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 24.3 BB, fold, BB calls 24.3 BB

River : (97.2 BB, 2 players) 5d
BB bets 30.4 BB, Hero calls 30.4 BB

BB shows Qh Ah (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 62%, Flop 49%, Turn 7%)

Hero shows 9d Kd (Flush, King High)
(Pre 38%, Flop 51%, Turn 93%)

Hero wins 150.1 BB

Is it too small to bet 1/2 pot on the turn? The two opponents don't look like they have AK.
Should the donk bet facing BB on the river reraise allin?
The result of the showdown seems that BB bet 30bb in the 90bb pot, which is a bit of a block bet.If I am allin, he will fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PF: You have position, but this is hand where you want very specific outcomes, such as a straight or a flush, anytime a king comes on the flop you will have a hard time continuing with the hand if meeting resistance, however you opt to call and since you at least have position, and SB may defend fairly wide with two in the pot, then thats fine, but not something that should be done all the time for sure.

Flop: Call is fine, both players seem interested and you are getting good odds here, I think a reraise is good sometimes, but there really isn't any reason to build the pot, and if you hit your hand its better to have a chance to pocket two players instead of 1. The pot is already being built, and two more streets of big raises means you will be all in.

Turn completes the straight, and with both players checking I think your raise is fine, but you could size it higher if you want more value on the river, so I would probably size is around 3/4, there are so many combos that would be inclined to call here, especially open enders with medium pairs that you can extract from.

River: You need to bet bigger here also, you have the second nuts, and there are so many combos that want to call here, so raise it higher. If you don't extract value when bet into from your second nuts, then you never will. He is almost pot committed, and him betting into you is pretty much to make sure you don't make it difficult for him

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and when you face an undersized 3-bet in position, its also a standard call. If he had sized correctly to 10BB, I might consider folding this one, when BB has cold called. That puts you against two very strong ranges, where K9s dont perform all that well, but for this price its a call.

Flop
There is probably not much fold equity here in a 3-bet pot, so totally on board with taking the price on your draw in position. Its also worth nothing, that while you have a gutshot, its potentially a troublesome one, because it makes AK a higher straight. This is definitely something, that matter in a 3-bet pot, where both opponents can easily have that hand.

Turn
You made the potentially very trublesome second best straight, but the good news is, both opponents checked to you. I have no problem with betting half pot here. There are two flushdraws, and river cards putting out a 1-liner are also not great, so a bet for value and protection is definitely in order. If you get check-raised, you have your flushdraw to fall back on, so you are at least never drawing dead, and you would probably have to close your eyes and call it off.

River
You improved to a flush, and now you face a small donk bet. For me this is a jam for value all day long. You only lose to the nut flush, and given that he cold called a 3-bet preflop, how many combos of that does he realistically have? Its probably only AQ and AJ exactly, since you hold the K and 9, and the T is on the board. So you lose to a whopping 2 combos, and whenever thats the case, its simply to tight to not stack off for value. Yes he would probably have folded his exact hand, but thats fine. You still win the pot, and you dont have to show, so you keep him guessing. Jamming here and forcing him to bet-fold TPTK might tilt him, and its great for future dynamics.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No the sizing is reasonable. Top pair has to call that size. Good job