$10 NLHE 6-max: TPTK wettish board facing aggresion

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still confused on why we would 3 bet given villains stats and the droolers on the btn/utg

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still confused on why we would 3 bet given villains stats and the droolers on the btn/utg

I guessing because we'll be OOP in a 4 way pot, assuming we know BB is calling, if we flat. Also, there is now a bunch of dead money in the pot we can pick up. As C9 said, AQ doesnt play horribly in 3 bet pots, esp if we know how to play these specific opponents.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain's stats are unremarkable.

You don't want multiway action with AQo. The type of hands you make with AQo in a multiway, single-raised pot aren't going to be ones you're happy stacking against 3 people. If we have AQs we have a much more playable hand.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then why did c9 say he'd be more inclined to call with AQ here if btn and utg were idiots?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're hoping to push competent button out although I'm not sure how realistic that is.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the real question is what portion of his range that we beat bets the turn??

I'd expect him to have alot of draws ie 89s j9 even aj he could have kq. Calling the turn is just to weak and complicates our river decision when were getting it in at the very little a small dog

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd expect him to have alot of draws ie 89s j9 even aj he could have kq. Calling the turn is just to weak and complicates our river decision when were getting it in at the very little a small dog

I don't really like calling the turn either but I like it more than raising it. I just don't think you're going to see passive players double barreling those types of hands here very often. This is KQ at worst once he bets the turn imo.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like calling the turn either but I like it more than raising it. I just don't think you're going to see passive players double barreling those types of hands here very often. This is KQ at worst once he bets the turn imo.

Yeah I see your point but the stats we've got doesn't really prove he's passive at all.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop cbet of 50% and overall AFq of 35% is pretty passive.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then why did c9 say he'd be more inclined to call with AQ here if btn and utg were idiots?
If BTN & the BB were idiots. 3-betting and knocking out the fish to get heads up with the reg doesn't sound like a super great idea.