$10 NLHE 6-max: Too nitty here OTR?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are going to be times where we are beat here on the river but I dont think this is a good fold 3 handed. Villain shouldnt be jamming river with just Ax but they could be easily and also have some bluffs once in a while. We are getting 3 to 1 here so only need to be good 25% of the time. No flush or straights came in and villain could think we are full of it with the click it back raise on the turn. Like I said, I would not be totally surprised to be behind here but 3 to 1 and trips in a 3 handed table is more than enough for me to make the call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Defending SB is always a bit tricky, and there are many opinions about it. Some basically only 3-bet or fold, while others have a calling range. The more passive BB is, the better it becomes to have a calling range, and J9s is certainly good enough to play against a BTN raise.

Flop
I like just check-calling, because the board is very dry, so you cant really represent a draw, if you raise. For that reason I would play my entire range as either a fold or a call, and with trips I am obviously not going to fold.

Turn
Great turn card for you, because he might well have improved on it. This is, where the hand gets interesting, and I actually lean towards just check-calling again. The reason is, that while you have trips, you pretty much have the worst kicker, you can have, so I am not sure, your hand is quite good enough to play for stacks in a single raised pot. Also by still calling some of your worst trips, you keep some very strong hands in your calling range, that can then also call across pretty much all rivers.

Also if I was going to raise, then I would go larger. When you min-click like this, you announce your hand without getting much value, and you kind of give yourself the worst of both worlds. This looks like a "please give me value" raise, and its a little to face up, if your opponent can hand read.

River
As played I like your river sizing, and I also like your fold. As I said already, your hand is pretty face up, and he is not expecting you to bet-fold trips on the river. So even though there are some busted draws, this is unlikely to be a bluff, and unless he is a clueless donkey, its not a worse hand for value either.