$10 NLHE 6-max: was my thought process right or missed value?

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
completing in the BB with 96o against 1 solid and 1 unknown reg..

888 Poker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 197.9 BB (VPIP: 27.69, PFR: 24.62, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, hands: 65)
BTN: 137.1 BB (VPIP: 29.13, PFR: 22.72, 3Bet Preflop: 7.79, Hands: 1,224)
Hero (BB): 173 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6 9

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 6 A 6
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets 3.1 BB, Hero calls 3.1 BB, CO calls 3.1 BB

Turn: (18.8 BB, 3 players) K
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: (18.8 BB, 3 players) J
Hero checks

pretty standard until river i think, my thought was when i bet here i overrep my hand.
its like impossible for me to have a straight and its hard to get value from an ace cause i could easy have AJ or AK, plus if aynone got a 6 we split pot.
so i thought its more profitable to check call here, do you agree?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflops a fold and as played id probably put in a small raise on the turn so we can bet the river and not allow villains to check back all their Ax and worse 1 pair. But we shouldn't really be getting to postflop imo.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be more useful to put on the river.

The only hand that beats us here is street or thrips . But, since we are playing cash, I would not fold my hand in case of a big bet from your opponents.

The ideal option, I think it would be to put on the river, for this there are two reasons. First, it's a trap (you can imitate J and then your opponents will most likely make call or reraise). The second reason is the need to increase the bank.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't defend w/ 96o even 3 handed in the BB. But once we do, I like check raising the turn so you can lead the river. I think I would still lead the river as you played it. I would hate to have Ax check it back.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did u guys notice we are deep stacked? forgot to point that out sry!
also my plan with flatting here wasnt to play fit or fold, i was ready to bluff my stack off to the known reg at least.
but my thought was, yes i habe trips but i dont have no kicker and when i bet small here to get value, my hand is like face up and if someone got an ace he would bet anyway if i check

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do not need to run huge bluffs on these stakes. It is usually a waste of money. In the end you want to move up and you can only do that by playing solid. Entering the hand with the mindset to outplay someone is a bad idea when there is very little money involved. That is my point of view.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop this is just a fold. Yes you put in 1BB already, but you are out of position against two solid players with a really bad hand. On the flop I would probably put in a small check-raise. Yes its kind of face up, but they are not folding an A on the flop, and if they have nothing, you are not getting a lot out of them later anyway. Its not a huge mistake to just check-call, but it issue is, you allow then to check back the turn and either get there for free or not pay you off.

On the river you should have the best hand here literally always, unless the original raiser rivered a boat with JJ, or one of them somehow have QT and backdoored into a straight. They dont seem to be interested in bluffing, so I would put out a small bet for value. Something like 1/3 pot should get the job done.

Last edited:
H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so obviously noone is a fan of flatting that hand lol
i didnt check raise flop because i didnt wanna build a big pot oop when my hand is face up but as i think about it, a x/r would be super small on this flop anyway.. but the problem is that CO was still to act, wouldnt it be even better to call flop and lead turn on that specific board?

so in the end the initial raiser didnt bet his AJ and A5s checked back..
i was sure AJ would bet here 100% :-/

thanks for the replies!

Last edited: