$10 NLHE 6-max: Range Question: 2nd barrel on these boards?

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
For hand one, I'm actually wondering about the flop. I don't mind the bet, but doesn't think board hit our opponents range a bit better? Or am I not constructing ranges properly?

We just won't get many folds, and we'll get some raises. Check behind and either call or bet turn?

Hand 1: A4s 3! BU v CO

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): 101 BB
SB: 196.3 BB
BB: 110.9 BB
UTG: 106.4 BB
MP: 101 BB
CO: 349.9 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4 A

fold, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6.5 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 4.5 BB

Flop: (14.5 BB, 2 players) J 9 T
CO checks, Hero bets 7.2 BB, CO calls 7.2 BB

Turn: (28.9 BB, 2 players) K
CO checks, Hero bets 21.6 BB, fold

Hero wins 27.5 BB

Hand 2: QTs MP v CO flat
Bet out flop for sure... maybe can check some good kings or weaker aces, or AA.
Turn do we give up with this hand? Maybe AJ Hero fires two barrels then xc river.

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersBTN: 159.7 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 134.5 BB
UTG: 216.7 BB
Hero (MP): 104.9 BB
CO: 83 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q T

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 7 K A
Hero bets 3.7 BB, CO calls 3.7 BB

Turn: (14.9 BB, 2 players) 3
Hero bets 11.1 BB, CO calls 11.1 BB

River: (37.1 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows Q T (High Card, Ace)
(Pre 42%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
CO shows A J (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 58%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
CO wins 35.3 BB

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand is a std barrel. The flop does hit your opponents range better so I don't mind a c/c either. But once you bet you're obviously betting that turn.

Second hand this is a std triple, because 1) Your opponents range is going to be AJ and under, and Kx. All of which you can get him off of w/ a large river bet. He won't have many AQ because of no 3-bet pre and you have a Q, and obviously you can rep this board better = standard unload all 3 chambers spot.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
First hand is a std barrel. The flop does hit your opponents range better so I don't mind a c/c either. But once you bet you're obviously betting that turn.

Second hand this is a std triple, because 1) Your opponents range is going to be AJ and under, and Kx. All of which you can get him off of w/ a large river bet. He won't have many AQ because of no 3-bet pre and you have a Q, and obviously you can rep this board better = standard unload all 3 chambers spot.

Firstly, thank you for the response!

Hand 1- facing a turn call we are not bluffing rivers, eh? V would flat with 2 pair/sets so I'd give up unimproved.

Hand 2- That's pretty beast! What is a good bet sizing? For him to fold AJ, I think pot size + is needed. 40+ bb into 37.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Agree with hand 1.

For hand 2 I often give up on the turn as there is no flush draw or straight draw so Vs show up with Ax a lot. I haven't been very successful in moving Vs off an Ax hand with triple barrels so I'm also interested in turn and river sizing. Also should we check Vs stats to see if he's folding enough before running this line or is it really that standard?

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, thank you for the response!

Hand 1- facing a turn call we are not bluffing rivers, eh? V would flat with 2 pair/sets so I'd give up unimproved.

Hand 2- That's pretty beast! What is a good bet sizing? For him to fold AJ, I think pot size + is needed. 40+ bb into 37.

Hand 2: You can consider jamming. You have quite a few hands that are strong enough to go allin: KK, AK, 77. You can jam these hands to get called by worse two-pair and some top pairs. You block AQ and represent AK.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hand 2: You can consider jamming. You have quite a few hands that are strong enough to go allin: KK, AK, 77. You can jam these hands to get called by worse two-pair and some top pairs. You block AQ and represent AK.

OK- I don't know if you are suggesting to shove the river, but that would be about a 2x pot bet. It would get him to fold many Ax, and he'd probably only call 77.

But I also agree with c0rnBr34d, V's will be hard to fold AJ here, even calling up to a pot sized bet.

If we do a slight over bet, maybe we can bluff with QTs, QJs, and for value AK, KK, (AA), 77. I'm assuming you left AA out because we'd check flop sometimes with that hand. I open suited aces from the HJ so I could have some A7 here too.

And then either AQ, AJ... check call river? I feel like AQ is the worst hand we can triple barrel here