$10 NLHE 6-max: QQ over pair on a monotone board

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
villain steal 40% and ft3b 90% on 250 hands. does that change anything at all about 3betting pre? I always 3bet pre until yesterday after this thread noting to take advantage of people who cbet too much
I suppose that's a better argument for flatting, but I still 3-bet. This hand is different from the one in the OP. In the OP, we're calling a 3-bet, so the stack to pot ratio is pretty favorable for an overpair (6.7). In the hand you posted, the SPR would be 16.4 if you don't 3-bet, and that's a pretty huge reverse implied odds situation.

You're going to be 3-betting this guy a ton anyways, and he's somewhat reggy (250 hands is getting more into the regular territory). So there are some balance issues to consider here. Plus, there's still plenty of value here to be had by creating a big pot against the 1 out of 10 hands that he wants to continue with.

J

johnnytt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 4 bet pre against this type of villian with that high of a 3 bet also i hate callling OOP against a guy like this it will be very hard to play against aggro villian OOP.