$10 NLHE 6-max: Pls critique this 88 hand vs. loose player

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Seems irrelevant.
2. Doesn't really matter if they think in terms of ranges, microstakes fish always think they're being bluffed.
3. Merging is always value-betting, it's just unclear if you can get called by a worse hand, and sometimes you fold out better. OR you can go so thin that it's mostly a bluff because you don't feel you win in SD very often but you still beat some of his bluffcatchers.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) If you play loads of games against someone then you can range merge for value, this is probably first pot against villian that has gone to river and range merging will be -ev if we range merge against most villians
2) ABC microstake players hardly ever make hero calls. We want him to think we're representing a Q or nothing so he can call with his low PP. He probably doesn't have a clue where we're at so just calls anyway so our range isn't being merged, it's a straighforward value bet.
3) We're not representing nuts ot nothing so it isn't a range merge.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BlueNowhere;1828054 2) ABC microstake players hardly ever make hero calls.[/QUOTE said:
I find this really hard to believe, especially coming from someone who's been playing HU games.
We're not representing nuts ot nothing so it isn't a range merge.

I'm not referring to the specific hand in the OP but if you triple 88 on this board or check turn/shove river, it certainly is.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well HU SnG are differnet to cash 6-max in that your opening range is so wide and can be anything really and a hero call is obviously correct. I have hardly ever seen a cash game player hero call with something like K high at the micros.

I was reffering to the specific hand when i said it woudln't be a range merge.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands