$10 NLHE 6-max: Odd hand - evaluation please lol

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 40/29/0.75

I played this hand a little tricky but it didnt go as planned. I normally 3bet AK pf but the player to the left of me has a 3bet % of 40 over 31 hands and he likes to do it when a few players are in the pot. The other villain raises all the time with a wide range. I was going to let him 3bet and I was going to come over the top.

The other villain tends to bet until he gets resistance then folds so I wanted to appear weak but I always felt I had the best hand here. The turn bet was small to look weak.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($17.55)
Hero (Button) ($10)
SB ($10.94)
BB ($23.01)
UTG ($16.56)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K
heart.gif
, A
club.gif

1 fold, MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 9
spade.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif
(2 players)
MP bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1

River: ($5.35) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $1.70, 1 fold

Total pot: $5.35 | Rake: $0.26

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet of 40% is huge but only 31 hands. im sure he is still 3betting a extremely wide range but could be on a heater as well and if he is so aggro 3betting pre then im sure he can 4bet light which is good for us

as played, post flop seems ok to me except maybe betting more on the turn

Last edited:
C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not too sure what you can do here. I would assume the guy was a LAG given his huge 3bet percentage and reraise the flop with TPTK to protect my hand. The turn didnt really scare us since only a 78 would have helped and the turn essentially removes all flush possibilities. River card was also not a scare card since if we made the straight, the 4 does not help us and only helps if villain was playing something like A7 or K7 and got really lucky. I feel TPTK is good here.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kinda liking how you played this. I was going to say check back turn but I like how you half-potted it because he probably still calls with worse pairs and maybe gutshots. I i have mixed feelings about the small vbet on the river, what was your plan if you were c/r'd again?

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have been surprised at a check-raise but I didn't think at any point I was beat. check-raise on the turn didn't scare me. I dont think he planned it until he saw weaknees from my small bet. But check-raising two streets hmmm.... Ive never seen that before so I would be confused lol

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands