$10 NLHE 6-max: Not sure if fold is correct

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worried that villain may have a king, so folded on the turn. How do I apply villain range analysis here? I have no idea....Thanks!

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): $23.82 (238 bb)
MP: $12.53 (125 bb)
CO: $9.51 (95 bb)
BU: $10.00 (100 bb)
SB: $5.10 (51 bb)
BB: $10.10 (101 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A A
Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 3 players fold

Flop: ($0.55) 6 K K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.65) J (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.65, UTG (Hero) folds

Total pot: $1.65 (Rake: $0.08)
CO wins $1.57

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in principle, you played correctly. on the flop check because it is protection from a wide range. and after two bets on the flop and turn, you need to throw out the pot.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet on flop. Villains call open range - low pairs, broadway cards, suited aces. Most times he missed this flop.
And after your check he could bluff sometimes.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Worried that villain may have a king, so folded on the turn. How do I apply villain range analysis here? I have no idea....Thanks!

CO wins $1.57

The idea is very simple and easy to comprehend: players at these lower limits aren't bluffing enough so that we can be convinced enough to be leveling against them and putting all the chips in for any reason that isn't rational/logical or mathematical.

Consider that you made a mini-raise (2 blinds/2x) which isn't a good price for you but a very good price for the recreational player who was sitting In Position in relation to you.

I like our check OTF because the board is very dry and many regulars instictly answer to a 1/3 pot c-bet flop automatically with a check-raise. What happens here is very similar, we check and Villain/CO/Recreational elects to bet 100% pot in a very dry configuration, so we must assume very secure that either it has called with 66 or it has a Kx, because we don't believe hands like TT, QQ, would be calling preflop here (rare, not impossible), that Qx, Ax wouldn't be bluffing, plus the fact that Villain hasn't a lot of bluffs in this particular flop configuration.

Without any information about Villain I would be folding this AA when Villain comes double barreling 100% pot OTT again, because now I am almost 100% sure that it hasn't any bluffs on its range but some Kx that is trying to extract as soon as possible from UTG's strongs ranges.

We should be alarmed because we have range advantage, we have much more AK, KQ, AA, KK, etc than Villain (in the long run), so, it is a pretty fair and wise decision to call OTF to fold to a lot of turn non-sense bets like this, we are going to have millions of opportunities to make AA, KK, QQ, etc profitable hands and extract the maximum of them, but we must know when to fold them and this is a good example.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The idea is very simple and easy to comprehend: players at these lower limits aren't bluffing enough so that we can be convinced enough to be leveling against them and putting all the chips in for any reason that isn't rational/logical or mathematical.

Consider that you made a mini-raise (2 blinds/2x) which isn't a good price for you but a very good price for the recreational player who was sitting In Position in relation to you.

I like our check OTF because the board is very dry and many regulars instictly answer to a 1/3 pot c-bet flop automatically with a check-raise. What happens here is very similar, we check and Villain/CO/Recreational elects to bet 100% pot in a very dry configuration, so we must assume very secure that either it has called with 66 or it has a Kx, because we don't believe hands like TT, QQ, would be calling preflop here (rare, not impossible), that Qx, Ax wouldn't be bluffing, plus the fact that Villain hasn't a lot of bluffs in this particular flop configuration.

Without any information about Villain I would be folding this AA when Villain comes double barreling 100% pot OTT again, because now I am almost 100% sure that it hasn't any bluffs on its range but some Kx that is trying to extract as soon as possible from UTG's strongs ranges.

We should be alarmed because we have range advantage, we have much more AK, KQ, AA, KK, etc than Villain (in the long run), so, it is a pretty fair and wise decision to call OTF to fold to a lot of turn non-sense bets like this, we are going to have millions of opportunities to make AA, KK, QQ, etc profitable hands and extract the maximum of them, but we must know when to fold them and this is a good example.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Hi Carlos,

Ok, will avoid min-raising the premium hands then from hereon.

Thanks for the analysis, this gives me some idea when to fold AA's and KKs ; which I usually really find hard to fold most of the times :)

Best Regards...

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

CO wins $1.57

pot control is not a thing here sorry but I think you played this hand way too nitty
If he folds so what you have an overpair if you dont think he will call often go for a smaller bet

just TRY to get value from ANYTHING and you shouldn't fold the turn either he will be bluffing alot more now he thinks you dont like the flop he might even think you have 66-TT that will fold to a double barrel here he can have QJs AQo/s JTs QTs some trash like 22-99's his value hands KJs KTs KQs not even K9 because I dont think hes calling that and not even AK or JJ all of the time because hes 3betting that then 66's (way more hands that are bluffing given you played this hand weak )

Folding in Poker