$10 NLHE 6-max: $ NLHE : $ NLHE : folding ak?

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 6/6/2

PokerStars - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): €14.92
UTG: €2.33
MP: €6.76
CO: €10.10
BTN: €2.42
SB: €7.86

SB posts SB €0.05, Hero posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (€0.15) Hero has K A

UTG calls €0.10, fold, CO raises to €0.60, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls €0.50

For 6max, this guy is super nitty over 50 hands. Limping player is fish playing 35/15/1.

I doubt I should be calling oop like this to a big raise, so that I can miss tons of flops. But vs a guy this tight I think Im behind (speaking of which, pokerstove for macs would be nice!). ak is a big loser for me too, so its possible I'm just overthinking it and should have 3bet. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK vs. top 6%

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 47.545% 39.46% 08.08% 38517174 7887655.00 { AcKs }
Hand 1: 52.455% 44.37% 08.08% 43308844 7887655.00 { 88+, ATs+, KQs, AKo }

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, 6/6 does mean they are being selective in PFRing but it doesnt always mean they are a super nit. They could just never have had the chance to raise the BU/CO yet because it was an agro table or just getting absolute crap for 50 hands.

Ive played people who were that tight and then after 200 hands it turns out they are a 20/17.

baudib. Dont we have to add in a 3rd range that is probably decently wide assuming we flat? I dont mind flatting here and playin 3 way with a fish. Being OOP does suck but we have a strong enough hand to counter that.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well you know, when someone is a nit that means they can make a hero fold pre with 99 or something, which is a good result for us.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, 6/6 does mean they are being selective in PFRing but it doesnt always mean they are a super nit. They could just never have had the chance to raise the BU/CO yet because it was an agro table or just getting absolute crap for 50 hands.

I mean definitely agree with you. Still, if we have this info know shouldn't we use it as is? Maybe 200 hands later I will find out that he was actually a 15/14 or 23/20 or something, but right now it seems to me like I should take it for what it is.

Maybe I'll make another post about this...

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya I think we can use the info from it. What we should take from it that we know hes not ever going to be a maniac. We know that hes probably waiting for good spots and is probably somewhat competent. He might end up being a 10/8 6 max uber nit(yes there are some) or end up being a 20/17 TAG but thats not gonna matter right now.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd want to know how many hands on this villain, but I don't hate the fold. What a lot of people tend to forget about AK is the terrible reverse implied odds. You're not getting action when he has QQ and you hit an A or K, but you'll get more action than you want when you're crushed and hit those same cards.

It's a tight fold against an unknown villain, or one on which you have fewer than a couple hundred hands, but it's not awful.

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd want to know how many hands on this villain, but I don't hate the fold. What a lot of people tend to forget about AK is the terrible reverse implied odds. You're not getting action when he has QQ and you hit an A or K, but you'll get more action than you want when you're crushed and hit those same cards.

It's a tight fold against an unknown villain, or one on which you have fewer than a couple hundred hands, but it's not awful.

Maybe he was trying to isolate the fish, making sure the BU and the blinds won't come along for the ride. Being OOP sucks though. If you were IP you could take a flop and see how the action goes before you. As other people have said, it's a tight fold but it's on the reasonable side.

Also, the only two hands that are totally crushing you are AA and KK. That's 2 out of 13 hand combinations.

Although, now that I think about it, there are two possible card combinations in his range that are absolutely crushing you, and 11 that you're tied with. So, given the fact that the best you can hope for PF is being 50:50, it's not that bad of a fold. Also, the reverse implied odds thing sucks too.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It was a little less than a hundred, so not really a big sample.

I definitely understand the reverse implied odds thing. I lose pretty big with ak :-/

Folding in Poker