$10 NLHE 6-max: KK facing XR on wet flop IP

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I get that we have to call this flop, but what to we do after that?

Like... can we even think about betting turn? And when he checks a second time I'm thoroughly confused. V is a reg, hard to think he's that scared of draws :confused: although he may be right to slow down.

I can put him on sets/two pair/draws on the flop, but then if they all get there on the turn, we're just looking to check it down all the way?

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 137.7 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 188.3 BB
UTG: 230.7 BB
MP: 154.7 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.8 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 1.8 BB

Flop: (6.1 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: T:diamond: J:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets 3 BB, BB raises to 12 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

Turn: (30.1 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (30.1 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets 12.5 BB, BB calls 12.5 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may be right, as our overpair is a bit marginal on this texture. QJdd got there. Along with 8-9 and 7-7 who could have attacked hard from the flop. Maybe we are ahead of 2 bluffs like QQ and AJo. But there aren't many more combos that we could get value from on the river. I think it's better the line check OTR.
Greetings.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
V turn check range can be quite strong as you can easily have flush at this spot. OTR I expect he would bet with all strong hands like flush or set. Your river bet is probably too thin , not sure if V would play AJ this way that may call your bet. All else should beat your hands.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that you can bet on the river a little more for value, 50% of the pot looks good. I think that on the flop we usually have the best hand. Opponent is bigger stack than you, he can arm-twisting on you and he can raise you on the flop as a bluff. I don't know what means first check on the turn, but I think that later second check on the river can means give up his hand in this situation. I don't think so that opponent check two times on the turn and on the river with very strong hand like sets, because for me sets from the flop should bet for value. As you said he is a reg and he shouldn't scared a draws. GL :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're going to bluff the river, and get your opponent to fold a big hand, then you need to overbet the pot. If you were betting for value, then you always just need to ask - what second best hands is my opponent calling with here? I don't really see any unless you think he's suspicious and can call with Jx.

He most likely has two pair and is trying to get to showdown cheap now.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others. I don't think it's worth bluffing here. If V was bluffing and gave up we have showdown value. The 8d likely killed all of the action and saved Hero some tough decisions. Without some type of strong reads I don't see a reason to got for the huge river bet.