M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP1 ($16.67)
MP2 ($17.07)
CO ($12.08) - 67 hands, 38/20, WTSD: 18 (17), limp: 19 (36)
Button ($16)
SB ($8.13)
BB ($14.06)
Hero (UTG) ($18.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K
spade.gif
, K
diamond.gif

Hero raises $0.48, 2 folds, CO calls $0.48, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.20) 2
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero raises $1.14, CO calls $0.98

Turn: ($3.48) 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $2.64, CO calls $2.64

River: ($8.76) 5
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $7.81, CO raises $7.82 (All-In), Hero calls $0.01

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is standard. KK is a yay from anywhere.

Flop is where we make a (imo) mistake. Why are we c-raising here? We are value leading this spot all day. Yes, CO bets around 1/10th pot, which is stupid, but we shouldn't just be check-raising any non A flop.

Turn is fine.

River is a bit big. We are making it hard to get called by worse. AT is really the only combo we get value from imo, so size this down a bit. As played its 1 cent to call lol.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cbet it all day. Check on flop is pretty senseless. Bet bet bet and use big bet sizing vs that kind of player (fish).

I disagree with TenJack about river bet. Actually it's a good bet sizing. Fish is not able to fold TP on microstakes.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree preflop is fine and the check on the flop is bad. Should have c-bet the flop, IMHO. As played, the question is, 'What range of hands calls pre, bets small to a flop check, and then calls a re-raise?" The flop is bone dry and missed your UTG opening range, but didn't hit Villain's calling range in CO very hard either. Your check might well have induced a her flop raise. Why did Villain bet small? Two reasons I see.

She could also have nothing and was trying to buy the pot cheap, but does she call the re-raise then? This leaves case two, she has something, but doesn't want to scare you off. Alarm bells should be going off here. Since she didn't 3-bet the flop I toss out big pairs out of her range, which leaves JJ, ATs, TT, 66, 22, and bluffs. 3 combos of pairs and ATs, so 6 combos of losers and 9 winners for Villain.

What does Villain perceive your range to be? Big pairs and Broadways, suited connectors and pairs on the flop, but Hero's check raise leaves AA, KK, QQ, TT, and bluffs (Maybe 66 too). Hero's hand is pretty face up.

Given this, I would not have raised the turn. What's the point? There are no draws to protect against. Are you really trying to get it all-in here? Is Villain willing to go broke with JJ or AT given your preceived range? If he calls, she is not bluffing. I would not try and get three streets of value and check the turn trying to get to show down. I Villain checks behind, I'd consider a bet fold on the river.

As played, after Villain calls the turn, I don't see the point of the river raise. If Villain was trying to bluff you off your hand she would have shoved your turn raise. Now Villain only calls if she thinks she's ahead. Does she think JJ or AT are good here? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would bet flop, bet turn, bet river.

As played would also bet river for that sizing (it is still less then the pot) QQ, JJ, AT are all hands that probably call the bet on this stake and probably will not bet when checked to.