$10 NLHE 6-max: $ : KJo in SB, resteal gone wrong, barrel turn?

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 28/21/2.5 over a 60 hand sample, although his stats were looking more TAG-like when this hand happened, 40% overall stl, i think 50% from CO though.

Full Tilt - $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em (6 players)
Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB Hero: $18.36
BB: $10 (sitting out) - Sitting Out
UTG: $12.81
MP: $10 (sitting out) - Sitting Out
CO: $12.83
BTN: $10
Pre-flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB and dealt :kd4: :jh4:
CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1, UTG folds, CO calls $0.70
Flop: ($2.10) :8d4: :10s4: :5d4: (4 players)
Hero bets $1.45, CO calls $1.45
Turn: ($5) :8d4: :10s4: :5d4: :qc4: (4 players)
Hero???

First, bet bigger on the flop? Like $1.70?

Second, we are barreling the turn here aren't we? overcard comes + OESD.... given he called the re-steal and then flatted the flopbet I think we have little - no fold equity but do we have enough + our new outs to keep betting. I cant think what calls the flop bet and folds the turn though, so another arguement for no FE, like KT/AT might fold, unless theyre diamonds.

If we do bet, how much? and if he flats again, what do we do if the river bricks?

Thanks

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The resteal is cool imo. When he calls ip this flop hits his range pretty hard. I dont mind the flop cbet, if i had more of a hand rather than gutshots and overs id bet more but that bet is fine.

as for the turn i think it could improve villians drawing range but its a great card to represent and you do have back door outs. But this time i think your bet has to be bigger maybe $4.25. This lets villian know that if he calls now he will probably have to call his stack off to your proposed river bet.

Its a bet fold situation though, if i had turned the backdoor flush too i might call a shove.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can actually bet a little smaller on the flop ~$1.25 and be fine. It'll fold the same range and still allow you to get stacks in if you hit.

As played I bet the turn 100%. Again though I don't think your turn bet needs to be overly large. Ideally I'd only bet enough so that I was set up for a river pot sized shove if called but here that would be too small a bet to get many folds. I'd probably bet $3 on the turn. If he calls there will be $11 in the pot and he'll have ~$7.30 left behind. So he should get the sense that his turn call is likely for all his chips with a $3 bet.