Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J J♠

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, SB calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 3 2 2♣
SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.60, 2 players) 8♠
SB checks, Hero bets $2.05, SB calls $2.05

River: ($7.70, 2 players) K♣
SB bets $7.12 and is all-in

Villain was 28/10 over 90 hands. On review I think I would rather bet more on the flop probably around 1.25 or so as villain continues with a lot of hands I'm ahead of. I think the min donk bet threw me off for a moment. I usually treat them more or less like a check as they don't usually relay strength in my experience.

On the river I think I'm supposed to call? I feel like a missed flush may shove here it's just whether or not one of the hearts is the K? Should I have played any differently? Thanks for any input!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm honestly not sure if it would really change your villain's action if you raised a higher amount than you did OTF. I get the impression that V is inducing you to make a large raise size, because it seems that he is not afraid that you have a 2 in your range. Furthermore it does not seem that he likes to be drawing dead when his PFR is 10% although this is debatable in this very small sample.
On the turn the 8s is a card that has no significant impact on this board. So if they called us on the flop, they will most likely call us at this point as well. You still have 2.5x pot effective stack behind , so checking the turn seems like a reasonable alternative. If you decide to bet it should be a neutral size like the one you did.
Finally on the river when V pushes we have a clearer decision, taking into account that we were the aggressors his range is made up of values ​​that exceed our hand, so we can fold and look for a better place. We only get past a few bluffs that consist of medium pockets, but these are highly unlikely to be seen in these stakes.
Greetings.

J

J_Slice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the reply! On this point:
On the turn the 8s is a card that has no significant impact on this board. So if they called us on the flop, they will most likely call us at this point as well. You still have 2.5x pot effective stack behind , so checking the turn seems like a reasonable alternative.
Does that change our decision on the river if we check back the turn, or is it still a pretty clear fold, assuming the bet is still pot sized though overall less now?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the reply! On this point:

Does that change our decision on the river if we check back the turn, or is it still a pretty clear fold, assuming the bet is still pot sized though overall less now?

As I see it, it doesn't change much, unless you assume the villain is too wide. Something that I suppose you don't consider.