Denellus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 26/20/0.8

Hi, CardsChat community!

Have for you this hand from 10NL, which I feel like I played very bad.

Villain is kind of bad reg with steal attempt 37% and 3-bet 9%. 4-bet is 0% (only 355 hands of sample size). VPIP/PFR/AF is 26/20/0.8

pokerstars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $11.72 (117.2 bb)
UTG: $10.00 (100 bb)
MP: $10.00 (100 bb)
CO: $10.57 (105.7 bb)
BTN: $11.01 (110.1 bb)
Hero (SB): $21.03 (210.3 bb)

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has :jh4: :jc4:
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, BTN raises to $2.60, Hero calls $1.70

Flop: ($5.30, 2 players) :ad4: :ah4: :4c4:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($5.30, 2 players) :8s4:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($5.30, 2 players) :3d4:
Hero checks, BTN bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

I feel bad for this hand cause I kind of know his hand (QQ-KK) and can't do anything about it. Of course, I can represent a trips, but I already have a SDW hand. Also, I feel like I have an easy fold OTR, but I also become too exploitable and don't have enough experience to fold my jacks ORT anyway. He doesn't have any bluffs as all of his bluffs bet the flop (or at least the turn). But I feel like that's also a bad play to just check-fold my JJ all thee streets and give up. Or should I just fold them on preflop after villain's 4-bet?

Feel free to criticize my game as much as possible, and I'd be glad to hear every mistake I made in this hand.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but I also become too exploitable

Don't think about that. You must think only for the profit from any hand (in vacuum).
You hand is an easy fold preflop. I mean vs this 4bet from this guy. As played, postflop fold as well.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your read is correct, V is heavily geared towards KK. V is likely bluffing on the turn with bottom of his range like TT and bet big ace, so his river range is just KK and 1 AA combo. Not entirely sure if he would bet QQ.

Also some players could 4bet weak suited aces and get one river street value here.

Perhaps you can check raise OTR as JJ is literally junk in this spot.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t see worst hands in his range so i would fold on river.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have read the Villain right. Villain steals a lot but when he can not steal he shuts down immediately (his AF 0.8 is very low). So you can say this player is a bit passive but steals a lot. Here, he 4-bet one of a sudden. I lean towards him having AA more likely KK less likely. Either way your hand is just a set minet.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think about that. You must think only for the profit from any hand (in vacuum).
You hand is an easy fold preflop. I mean vs this 4bet from this guy. As played, postflop fold as well.
This is the right answer. Even if he is 4betting you lighter than normal, it's probably not enough to make a huge difference in the long run. Also, he's going to win even more since you'll be put into awkward spots OOP and could outplay you post flop

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it pretty well. This hand becomes a junk at this flop, but when it was checked to the river you just have to call. The pod odds are just too good.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one's really talked about this, but given your read on villain as an aggressive bad reg AND the button/blinds dynamic, JJ can be an excellent hand for a 5 bet jam preflop.