$10 NLHE 6-max: Is it a good idea to turn our hand into bluff?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You shoud really top up to 100bb your losing value with your made hands and i would fold T8s Vs an mp open raise. In the hand i think a bluff on the flop is better than the turn with the gutshot you have more equity on the flop and increased fold equity when barreling the turn.Then on the turn the king hits villains range far better than it hits ours and you wouldn't raise say AKs here usually. Your basically repping flopped sets and 87s for a straight but you probably just shouldn't be in these spots to begin with.

Last edited:
R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can go either way on the turn. Calling is also an option since he bets small. Your river bet is way to big if you want to get called. Bet small so he can call with some pairs or even bluff with missed draws.

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shoud really top up to 100bb your losing value with your made hands and i would fold T8s Vs an mp open raise. In the hand i think a bluff on the flop is better than the turn with the gutshot you have more equity on the flop and increased fold equity when barreling the turn.Then on the turn the king hits villains range far better than it hits ours and you wouldn't raise say AKs here usually. Your basically repping flopped sets and 87s for a straight but you probably just shouldn't be in these spots to begin with.
Thanks for answer.you mentioned to fold pre flop I usually fold this hand but he minraised pre flop and big blind wasnt a good player so these are my reasons to call pre flop.on the flop If I had backdoor flush I strongly consider raising but with out backdoor flush raise still good but calling is not bad .on the turn k is better for his range and he knows it so maybe he wanna take advantage of it and barrel a lot on this card.what do you think about my thinking process?

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It could be okay, if you know the guy double barrels a lot and folds to raises. Without that information, you're just making blind guesses with your raising. One key component here - villain isn't full stacked (you aren't either by the way, you should have auto top up set up), so he's most likely a fish, that means he's probably not folding that often to make such a play profitable.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for answer.you mentioned to fold pre flop I usually fold this hand but he minraised pre flop and big blind wasnt a good player so these are my reasons to call pre flop.on the flop If I had backdoor flush I strongly consider raising but with out backdoor flush raise still good but calling is not bad .on the turn k is better for his range and he knows it so maybe he wanna take advantage of it and barrel a lot on this card.what do you think about my thinking process?

Your thinking process is fine i can see why you done what you done but for me it's still a fold pre if villain had limped i would certainly complete the SB. Postflop i still prefer raising the flop and getting their equity share to fold and with a gutter and bdfd it's a decent spot for a flop bluff.And i would look at bluffing on some turns where we pick up extra equity so lets say you pick up the bdfd on the turn it now makes a much better turn bluff with the increased turn equity. But your turning the hand into a bluff on a turn where our equity took a nose dive and which improved villains range so those would be someother considerations in the hand.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands