€10 NLHE 6-max: Can I Get More Value In This Hand (QQ)?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Non hud poker site. No strong reads, opponents is probably loose recreational player.

There was 5 players at the table, opponent first to act, sry I didn't add all the players to replayer.

Here is the hand: http://mysmp.me/h_psL

Opponent raise 2x with 87s, I 3bet with QQ on BB.

Flop - two aces. I checked to get information if opponent bets, that will give me hint if he had A on his hand, and because he raised in early position, it is very likely that Aces will hit, he didn't bet.

Turn - I make bet 1/2 of the pot. This size because I'm still unsure if he is having ace that he is slowplaying, so I still can cheaply fold if he raises, he calls.

River. I am not sure was this play okay generally, but I accomplished what I as looking for - bluff catching. I checked, and wanted him to make a bet, because possible flush draw missed. Also, if I bet in this situation and he raises, that will be uncomfortable. So, I checked, he bets as a bluff and I got a nice pot.

So, what do you think guys, could there be another ways to play this same situation and squeeze more value? Any adjustments to bet sizings etc?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look fine to me. You got 2 streets of value in a 3-bet pot with an underpair, which is pretty awesome already. You could put out a small C-bet on the flop like 1/3 pot, but the delayed C-bet is certainly fine as well.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked your check/call on the river.

With the 2 Aces on the flop, there aren't really 3 streets of value to be had. you got 2 streets, that was good.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
I like this line. But you can play in another way. He often won't have an ace. We can bet flop a little. For example, 1/3 of the flop. Checking the turn will show our weakness. On the river, you can bet and hope that your opponent will perceive it as a bluff and will raise us. As an option. But the way it was played is also good.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
I think river x/c was OK. But there's an argument for bet/folding river. You can get called by worse like XTs and underpairs to your QQ which are all in his range. If he raises you can fold.

S

stil370

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought maybe to raise on the river would have been a possibility if you thought he didnt have an ace.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands