$10 NLHE 6-max: How would you adjust the bet sizing here?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is 10NL 6 max on BOL. I cannot import the hand history.

I open from BTN to 30c with TdTs. $10 stack.

BB calls. He has $11 something.

Flop is As9d4d.

Villain leads out with a 47c bet into the 65c pot. I call.

The guy seems to be the loose aggro type. Not particularly good.

Turn's the Th. He checks.

I bet 76c into 1.59c pot. I put him on a weak ace or a 9. The check makes me lean toward a 9 because I think he bets an A again. I am trying to keep him in the hand.

River is 9h. He checks.

I bet only $1.20 into $3.11 pot. He raises to $6.50. I shove and win. He had K9.

I had a hidden set and he probably thought he had me on that check raise. I tend to underbet when I want a call and struggle with optimal bet sizing. How much bigger would you bet on the turn and river?

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In micros I just play for max value postflop.

I bet 100% of pot on turn and river. If that sizing is pot-committing, then it's a jam.

I downsize to 50-75% of pot on dry to one-gapper flops.

The population in micros is price insensitive, and my overall adjusted gameplan is to bet aggressively for value vs population that doesn't fold enough.

I don't even downsize in 3bet pots.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: open to 2.5x, 3x too big.

F: as played, fold vs donk readless. Even with your read I let this go because A-high flop hits his flatting range pre so hard.

No need to get into marginal spots in micros.

T: as played, bet much bigger to 75-100% pot. Even though we have blocker, villain isn't folding his flush draws he donked on the flop.

R: as played, bet much bigger to 75-100% for max value and we're playing for stacks.

Please don't post results.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You made a big opening preflop. Currently, smaller openings are recommended for last positions. (2x-2.5x). The justification for this is that from these positions our range (opening in this case) is perceived as broader. And from this it follows that a better way to protect ourselves from attacks or excessive blind defenses is to introduce smaller opening sizes. Anyway if you do 3x it is a reasonable ratio and not bad, but yes a little outdated.
On the flop, villain proposes a suspicious bet size. As we mentioned earlier, last positions represent more condensed ranges and with more dispensable blocking nodes. Therefore it is not necessary to lead with excessive size. The action of calling is reasonable with tens, raising on this texture becomes marginal, as it is preferable to call with a medium diamond blocker.
On the turn when V checks he is practically giving up. In fact, rarely a weak ace will hedge too much on the flop and then check the turn when the table gets wetter. Maybe a thinking V will do this to induce bets, but if so we should protect ourselves from that trap and introduce a smaller size, like 1/3 pot.
In this case a larger size is understandable, but you have to know that you will not get enough value from worse hands. Better for V to counter offense with all his semi bluffs.
The river is a street that impacts the most in range V. Because in fact it better represents the entire 9x range, according on the played sequence. Therefore, a neutral size is appropriate here, around 50% the size of the pot.
Greetings.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Th big gamee

this must be the cause of some people playing poker some are just having fun. Keep raising bets and always the mission you don't keep raising A,9 I'm left behind

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good micro stakes play. Get value from non believers and allow over aggression to pay maximum by goin all in. Good job