€10 NLHE 6-max: How would you play this hand?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Replay: http://mysmp.me/h_mKY

The site does not allow hud or tracking software.

My possible table image is Tight Aggressive.

The opponent is a very loose and very aggressive fish. I have some history against him. Earlier he 3bet with 7Js against two opponents Pre Flop.

PRE-FLOP: Hero in early position. I bet 0.30. The villain in CO calls. Others fold.

FLOP: Th8cAh. I got a set. I make a slight overbet because there is a flush draw and weak straight draw + very loose opponent. He calls

TURN: 4h. Flush draw completed. I have a little bit difficult situation, but I am confident about my hand because I know my opponent is a very loose, so I make my standard 2/3 bet. But then things turn interesting, the opponent makes a min 3bet (two times of my bet). Because the opponent is a loose and agre fish, I choose to call, if I hit a full house on the river, then I would go all-in.

RIVER: Ks. Nothing interesting. I just check and opponent went all-in. I folded and I lost a huge pot.

What do you think about this hand? I think I played this hand right, but maybe my Turn bet was too big. Otherwise, if I play against a good player, I will just check in that situation. But folding on the RIVER was the right decision in my opinion

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did some math of Turn play.

I have 11 outs to hit a full house on the River, ratio odds 3.2 to 1.
My pot odds to call that min raise is 4.2.

I am not a math genius. Did I do this right? It was a profitable call?

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant watch replay... And i dont see the sizes.
"Opp went all-in" -- size?
1/5 of pot, 1/2 of pot, pot, or overbet 3X?

"RIVER: Ks. Nothing interesting." - really? It closed double gutshot. Or KQo, KJo with nut fd etc
You will never check with nut flush here, so he can push with many worst hands....

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant watch replay... And i dont see the sizes.
"Opp went all-in" -- size?
1/5 of pot, 1/2 of pot, pot, or overbet 3X?

"RIVER: Ks. Nothing interesting." - really? It closed double gutshot. Or KQo, KJo with nut fd etc
You will never check with nut flush here, so he can push with many worst hands....

It is 0.05/0.10, micro stakes. Because this player is a semi maniac and he could have basically anything, there is no hand reading available, or bet sizing reads, I don't want to give him an opportunity to make me do coinflip calls, better possibilities will come when I can get his whole stack. Just wanted to know opinions is there a possibility to lose lesser with a hand like this

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against this type of payer i would bet smaller on the flop to induce a raise and try get it in as early as possible.
as he didnt raise i would check raise turn and get it in there.
as played i would call river
actually you lose less with not folding here ever

Last edited:
G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against this villain, I would have probably re-raised the turn all in. You hold a heart and have 10 outs (not 11) to win if villain already has a flush. I think the villain you are describing raises the flop with a flush draw and is playing this hand more like an ace with a big heart kicker. I would probably call the river as played as you pretty much told him you didn't have a flush.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against this villain, I would have probably re-raised the turn all in. You hold a heart and have 10 outs (not 11) to win if villain already has a flush. I think the villain you are describing raises the flop with a flush draw and is playing this hand more like an ace with a big heart kicker. I would probably call the river as played as you pretty much told him you didn't have a flush.

Thanks, this made a lot of sense. Yeah, I miscounted, just 10 outs. Actually, he showed his cards they were KQ diamonds, wtf.

How about the same situation against a different type of player? Against completely unknown?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands