$10 NLHE 6-max: How would you have gotten more value from this hand?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All about 100 bb each.
Mp raises to 25c, im in mp+1 with 44, feeling adventerous and call, big blind calls. Pot is at 80c going to the flop
Flop - Kd 7h 4h
Dream flop for me, mp bets 50c, i thought about a re raise as a pair of king would call but i flat called hoping the big blind got a piece of the board and he did call. Pot at $2.30 going to the turn
Turn - 4d
So i know i cant lose here and its about getting max value, mp bets 1.50, i flat again and big blind folds. Pot is now at $5.50
River Qd
Mp bets 2.50, half pot bet to me says he has a hand, probably a pair of kings. I re raise to 6.00, i actually slipped and wanted to go higher, but would a pair of kings call higher? He calls and shows 2 pair K and Q with busted flush draw.
Here i could have got a lot more if i re raised the flop, do you think i played this hand poorly? Obvs after the hand its easy to say i should have done this, what do you think guys :)

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove river representing a busted heart draw or 56, i cant see villan folding most of his range plus a few hero calls because it looks bluffy. I still think you played the hand fine, maybe i re-raise on the flop to get value from draws or induce a 4 bet from villain but that would be read dependent.

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove river representing a busted heart draw or 56, i cant see villan folding most of his range plus a few hero calls because it looks bluffy. I still think you played the hand fine, maybe i re-raise on the flop to get value from draws or induce a 4 bet from villain but that would be read dependent.
I hadnt thought about the shove, 2 pair is deffo calling, and i deffo agree about the re raise on the flop, his c bet i saying top pair, aces or flush draw which isnt folding, cheers man :)

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it fine, but yeah a shove on the river wòuld of been ideal.
Calling flop is fine, I'd personally raise though as I don't want to give the BB good odds to draw, but the way you played it is also fine.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rather than analyzing this hand in vacuum , what hands would you raise with on the flop? Would you raise with 65s, how about 77?

I think calling is fine if BB is playing draw aggressively and you have position.

As played, raise bigger on the turn or river.

B

Bestsurfs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As mentioned above def a shove on river. Outside of that, its hard to put him on a flush draw given the strength of the action. Knowing that you would have gotten value raising on the turn as well.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the hand mp ended up having (KQhh) if you'd raised the flop all the $ would have probably gone in then.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like you said you didn't bet all of it on the river because of an error, but going all-in is your best option. He propably had about $6 left before you raised him? So you're missing out on $2 more or less. But your calls were great. You called him on the flop and the turn, you lured him in and then you raised him on the river. There's nothing wrong with your line. You had about 12.5% to hit a set on the flop and you made more than 8 times that in profit so it's already +EV. You couldn't have known he had two pair on the flop.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Build your own pots

All about 100 bb each.
Mp raises to 25c, im in mp+1 with 44, feeling adventerous and call, big blind calls. Pot is at 80c going to the flop
Flop - Kd 7h 4h
Dream flop for me, mp bets 50c, i thought about a re raise as a pair of king would call but i flat called hoping the big blind got a piece of the board and he did call. Pot at $2.30 going to the turn
Turn - 4d
So i know i cant lose here and its about getting max value, mp bets 1.50, i flat again and big blind folds. Pot is now at $5.50
River Qd
Mp bets 2.50, half pot bet to me says he has a hand, probably a pair of kings. I re raise to 6.00, i actually slipped and wanted to go higher, but would a pair of kings call higher? He calls and shows 2 pair K and Q with busted flush draw.
Here i could have got a lot more if i re raised the flop, do you think i played this hand poorly? Obvs after the hand its easy to say i should have done this, what do you think guys :)

Always always always build pots for stacks. All the money is made in NL by getting stacks. Sure sometimes they fold there nothing when u raise but look at how strong this guys hand was and you could be raising so many hands. Why would he ever fold? Do the math on just a weak flop raise. Pot on flop after a raise by you is say 3.8-5.8 you bet 2.5 on turn river pot is 8.8-10.8
You bet 6 on river he calls, pot is 20.8 at worst, your pot 17.5
That does not even account for him re raising on the flop with top pair second best kicker and a flush draw. The guy might call all in on the flop.
Aggression gets that stack.:)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands