BU wins $4.52

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always squeeze preflop!!! I see it's 5x but still. You don't want to play multiway pot oop.

As played postflop was ok

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What it mean 5x from this player? Who button is?
By default you should raise with such strong hand.
As played its seems ok.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet that pre, my mang! Doesn't matter if it's 5x- Sometimes it's aces or kings, but more often it's AK that's scared to take a flop.

The reason it's better is you get the BTN to fold more often than not... dead money = free $! Put this guy in a hard spot.

Flop: You have second pair and an open ender. This would be better if you were the preflop aggressor as you could down bet and safely fold to any aggression.

As played you have to check- the CO doesn't bet but checks to the BTN who bets.

What is the BTN's range? How aggressive is he? My guess is that he has some 2 pair hands here, and even some draws himself. His AK and AQ should be 3betting the CO a large part of the time so that narrows it down.

I would call and plan to continue or get aggressive on heart turns (or obviously when the straight comes in) against an unknown opponent. But when the CO comes along and BTN barrels again, the chance of him bluffing/semi bluffing here is slim. I'd put him on a 2 pair hand. You may have the implied odds to continue, but it depends on the opponent- if you can get stacks in.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At a loss what is happening here...

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $10.00 (100 bb)
CO: $6.18 (62 bb)
BU: $26.94 (269 bb)
SB (Hero): $10.24 (102 bb)
BB: $12.14 (121 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q Q
1 fold, CO raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.45, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.60) J T K (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05, CO calls $1.05

Turn: ($4.75) 6 (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $3.13, SB (Hero) folds, CO folds

Total pot: $4.75 (Rake: $0.23)
BU wins $4.52

Recreational opens to 5x preflop, and a player with a lot of stack called in position, well, I don't like calling with almost anything here, unless hands like 22-66, when I know the BB player isn't too much of a Squeezor.

When we do call with QQ here we are hoping to setmine and this is awful.
Coming back to the recreational player, and considering SPR, when it opens preflop and BTN calls, we are going to see better hands on CO's ranges rather than in BTN's range okay? BTN has a lot of speculative hands that could have called here, so for all of these reasons we should be Squeezing/Jamming preflop with at least JJ+, if we are too much scared and we don't want to fold 88, 99 and TT, okay calling this huge polarized preflop opening (5x), but given this scenario it is best to put Villain/CO/Broken Stack Rec into all-in by making a non-sense 3-bet/Squeeze that would jeopardize BTN's cold callling range, because we don't believe BTN has something like 88+ or even AT+, QJs+ etc, BTN has weak hands so I guess that it sucks for us but a best strategy, overall, to face polarized opening raises versus multiple callers, versus a broken stack fish, is to be either folding preflop or making a Squeeze/Jam preflop so we give no odds for the player in the BTN.
When we do call preflop it can happens something like this where we have pretty sweet equity on the turn but we cannot jam, because we are in a guessing game.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY

Always squeeze preflop!!! I see it's 5x but still. You don't want to play multiway pot oop.

As played postflop was ok

Hi Misaki,

Ok, I can see the squeeze now, guess QQ is good to squeeze :)
Also can see the idea of multi-pot now.

Thanks,
Chill

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet that pre, my mang! Doesn't matter if it's 5x- Sometimes it's aces or kings, but more often it's AK that's scared to take a flop.

The reason it's better is you get the BTN to fold more often than not... dead money = free $! Put this guy in a hard spot.

Flop: You have second pair and an open ender. This would be better if you were the preflop aggressor as you could down bet and safely fold to any aggression.

As played you have to check- the CO doesn't bet but checks to the BTN who bets.

What is the BTN's range? How aggressive is he? My guess is that he has some 2 pair hands here, and even some draws himself. His AK and AQ should be 3betting the CO a large part of the time so that narrows it down.

I would call and plan to continue or get aggressive on heart turns (or obviously when the straight comes in) against an unknown opponent. But when the CO comes along and BTN barrels again, the chance of him bluffing/semi bluffing here is slim. I'd put him on a 2 pair hand. You may have the implied odds to continue, but it depends on the opponent- if you can get stacks in.

Ok, ok, 3bet such holdings Pre!

Thanks,
Chill

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we do call with QQ here we are hoping to setmine and this is awful.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Yeah, that was the thinking unfortunately... will try to avoid such then.... TY.