$10 NLHE 6-max: HJ QQ vs 3bet + double CC

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Guys,

Was playing zoom on Stars amd got quite an interesting spot as I think. I´d like to hear your opinions about it.

NL Holdem $0.10(BB)
BTN ($10.21)
SB ($10.42)
BB ($5.10)
UTG ($5.61
HJ (HERO) ($10.14)
CO ($4.17)

no relevant stats
Dealt to Hero: Q Q

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $0.25, CO Raises to $1.00, BTN Folds, SB Calls $1.00, BB Calls $1.00, HERO Raises (All-in) to $10.14

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I think it is standard push, unless CO 3bet freq is less than 2%

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case I agree that we should not play slowly. On the contrary, you can choose an effective insulation, taking into account that we have 2 short stacks that are covered. BB's call is a sign that we must make an adjustment, and without further detail we know that 2 positions are committed to the boat. As far as your decision to look for a quick confrontation, I think it's good. Villains could call you with many worse combinations, so it's an appropriate place in my opinion.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind your 4 bet shove there. With so many cold callers of the 3 bet, getting it in preflop is a much easier way of playing the hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this is 100% standard. QQ is way to strong to fold to a 3-bet, and I dont want to just call and create a super awkward spot, if an A or K comes on the flop. Also two of these guys are short stacked, which mean, you risk less, and probably they are not very good. You say, you have no reads, but to me the stack sizes are actually a read, and I will assume a wide stack-off range from someone, who is playing Zoom with 40-50 BB.

So I am only really worried about the player in the small blind, and while he might occationally slowplay KK or AA, I think, he is much more likely to have a hand like AK, AQs, JJ or TT. And against that kind of range, lets just get it in and rock n roll. If someone fold, there is going to be dead money in the pot, and if they all give action, its fairly likely, they are blocking each others outs to some extend. Like someone has AQ, someone has AK, and someone has TT.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello Guys,

Was playing zoom on Stars amd got quite an interesting spot as I think. I´d like to hear your opinions about it.

NL Holdem $0.10(BB)
BTN ($10.21)
SB ($10.42)
BB ($5.10)
UTG ($5.61
HJ (HERO) ($10.14)
CO ($4.17)

no relevant stats
Dealt to Hero: Q Q

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $0.25, CO Raises to $1.00, BTN Folds, SB Calls $1.00, BB Calls $1.00, HERO Raises (All-in) to $10.14

Thoughts?

Hi there Luepso, how you doing buddy? Good to see your post here again! Thank you for sharing this hand and lol! :eek:
I don't get scared when I hear Nathan 'blackrain79' Williams says that the micros are a "circus". Because of some situations nonsense like this wonderful example you gave us for study.
So, hero raises 2.5x, and CO 3bets to 4x. LOL! Well, given that we are almost certain that the CO player is a recreative, it is a little bit strange a 4x 3bet in position, and even more strange because Villain is broken stack.
Horror stories at the micros are very fun: SB decided to cold call and the player in the BB felt it has odds for calling as well (another broken stack), and the action comes to you.
I don't know what to do here, really. Very complicated situation, but I dare to say that I don't love 4betting/5betting/Shoving/Squeezing QQ preflop at the micros. Reasons?

A) The recreative player in the CO polarized its 3bet. It is not necessary to 3bet 4x in position! The normal sizing is 3x in position and 4x out of position. Given that the player is broken stack is a little bit awkward.

B) SB and BB also have polarized/capped ranges when they cold call to play out of position, maybe versus two players.

C) When we go all in here it is certain that at least one of the players are going to call. There are already USD 3.25 dead in the pot plus USD 10 of your stack when you go all in.
The broken stack players will call with a lot of hands such as AK, AJ, AT, JJ, TT, 99, and sometimes, unfortunately, we are going to find some slower with AA and KK preflop that it decided to flat do induce bluffs.

I hope it helps you! If you have anything else to say, please do not hesitate!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa