$10 NLHE 6-max: Getting max value when flopping the nuts in a multi way pot?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max cash game, 10nl holdem
I am in the BB with 43o
Utg limps, button calls, sb calls, i call
Flop - 4 3 3 OMG :) - sb checks, i check and so do the other 2 villains
Turn - Ace giving the spade flush draw - sb check i bet 1/3rd pot, they all call
River - 3, sb checks and i have no idea what to do. I bet full pot hoping one of them had an ace, they all folded.
Im this situation how would yu normally approach this hand, i checked flop thinking utg might bluff as he has a couple of times.
Turn i wanted to build the pot so bet small hoping they all called
River what bet size do i do, all draws have missed so maybe a small 1/4 may have got K high to call. Im not sure how likely it is for someone to even have an A with it being a 4 way limped pot. Let me know what you think guys :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's fine, I'd just bet the turn 1/2 pot. If they don't have an ace or a draw, 1/3rd isn't going to change a call. On river, I'd bet about 1.5x pot. If they have an A they are calling. If they don't, there's nothing else in their range that will call their MW.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it fine, the only thing I would do differently is bet a little smaller on the river. When you pot it out generally only people will call at the top of their range. When you bet smaller like 1/2 to 3/4 pot you target more of their marginal stuff

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great approach you would try to get maximum value of them only if you put 1/2 or 1/3 size of the pot.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a multi-way pot I tend to lead out if its multiway and just hope someone or more then one has an over pair in this situation or just make the call with two over cards.

On the turn I would def bet bigger like 2/3 pot as any A will make the call and so might any flush-draw and even a middling pair might make the call. Making it twice as big means that you only need halve the calls and have a bigger pot.

They all called now the pot is still multiway and it will be hard to extract value as in a multiway pot no one will believe that you are double barrel bluffing. As any bet will look strong (a good A or better for value) would try to get the max from an Ax type of hand so 2/3 pot to an over bet depending on what people tend to do on the level I am playing. But I would def not bet less then 2/3 pot.