UTG: 9.02
HERO (MP): 10.04
CO: 6.03
BTN: 10.00
SB: 17.29
BB: 9.90

PREFLOP:

HERO has :10c4: :9c4:

UTG calls 0.10, HERO raises to 0.40, CO calls 0.40, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls 0.30

FLOP ($1.35):

:8c4: :7c4: :4c4:

UTG checks, HERO checks, CO bets 0.50, UTG calls 0.50, HERO calls 0.50

TURN ($2.85):

:5d4:

UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks

I want to avoid posting the river in order to avoid being results oriented, however any thoughts on how to plan for the river would be appreciated when talking about turn decisions.

I dont have a read on either of the two villains, i can only assume theyre recreational players considering the player population

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
value bet big all the way

thats what im thinking after the fact, but it feels results oriented to me when i know the results. i know there are plenty of one card flushdraws that will be calling here, but im not sure how many better flushes are in their range, they should have every suited Ax except AK and AQ. in the moment, part of me felt like i might have better luck getting them to spew a stack off on a bluff or overvalue some top pair top kicker or something, maybe i was just playing scared.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet flop bet turn bet river almost always, unless board gets really bad for your hand like another club, you can get it in by the river so size up, no reason to slowplay when there are many bad turns and rivers for you aswell, would just recommend bet big all sreets and jam river

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Global Poker $0.05/$0.10 6max

UTG: 9.02
HERO (MP): 10.04
CO: 6.03
BTN: 10.00
SB: 17.29
BB: 9.90

PREFLOP:

HERO has :10c4: :9c4:

UTG calls 0.10, HERO raises to 0.40, CO calls 0.40, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls 0.30

FLOP ($1.35):

:8c4: :7c4: :4c4:

UTG checks, HERO checks, CO bets 0.50, UTG calls 0.50, HERO calls 0.50

TURN ($2.85):

:5d4:

UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks

I want to avoid posting the river in order to avoid being results oriented, however any thoughts on how to plan for the river would be appreciated when talking about turn decisions.

I dont have a read on either of the two villains, i can only assume theyre recreational players considering the player population

Ok everything for me is fine until the flop, why do I say this when the CO bet there are two options he try to make a bluff or by your raise x4 pre-flop the CO call with a pair and get the set but I would worry about the call of the UTG since I do not do it with a premium hand for the pre-flop call (A-6, A-5), so post-flop me after the UTG call I would have raised probably $ 1.50 and try to take the pot. That would have been my way of seeing the hand up to that point. Then the check on the turn seems right and confirms that one of the two probably got a set and they were afraid of the 5, on the river I would consider my bet depending on which card it is.

please correct me this analysis, it is a good hand to learn.

Greetings

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok everything for me is fine until the flop, why do I say this when the CO bet there are two options he try to make a bluff or by your raise x4 pre-flop the CO call with a pair and get the set but I would worry about the call of the UTG since I do not do it with a premium hand for the pre-flop call (A-6, A-5), so post-flop me after the UTG call I would have raised probably $ 1.50 and try to take the pot. That would have been my way of seeing the hand up to that point. Then the check on the turn seems right and confirms that one of the two probably got a set and they were afraid of the 5, on the river I would consider my bet depending on which card it is.

please correct me this analysis, it is a good hand to learn.

Greetings
CO is capable of having A8, overpairs, sets, straights here on the flop, i agree there, CO can have some better flushes too (only like 8 combos though)

UTG calls here with a similar range, maybe less one pair hands (still some), but UTG can have sets, straights, and one card flush draws... i wouldnt even be surprised if he had a gutshot here. nothing to be particularly scared of.

but like alucard said, we need to be betting for value here. we want them to call, we're not trying to take the pot down with our bets. we're not turning our flush into a bluff.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multiway with a limp caller where we have reason to want to deny equity and build the pot. I’d CB at a high frequency and with the limper in the pot I’d go for an exploitatively large sizing. .75 psb. Cutting the SPR is a big goal.

As played x/r the flop.

As played bet out on the turn. Risking it being checked through is a big mistake considering many hands around 20% vs ours and there’s 4 to a straight on board. No ones folding a straight and especially in utg’s (limp call call) there’s a lot. Our ability to get value has shot up relative to overall ranges. Ac Kc will likely still defend vs a bet.

Getting to the river this way is a nightmare. Any club and we drop considerably in our range and relative hand strength gets fubar’d. A board pairing also creates a situation where we’re bluff catching.

Takeaways

With relatively unstable but very robust hand strength combos in a mutiway pot lower the spr ASAP and don’t allow cheap cards.

Full Flush Poker