Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1192565
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $10.15
UTG: $6.00
MP: $7.99
CO: $11.28 This guy is a 43/39 with a fold to 3bet of 7/11 times. I have 145 hands on him
BTN: $10.25
Hero (SB): $19.16

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K
heart.gif
Q
heart.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30,

Looks like he probably isn't keen to fold to 3bets so have expended my value range and I think 4.5X is good here...

Hero raises to $1.35, 1 fold, CO calls $1.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.10) A
diamond.gif
diamond.gif
K
spade.gif
(2 players)

I obviously beat most of his kings here though I am worried about an ace. I have to cbet. Think I made it a strong 70%

Hero bets $2.15

CO raises to $9.93 all in

Tough one eh? Getting nearly 2:1 but can't think of a lot that would shove here that I am head of...

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding

Depending on how L/A he was, I could put him on A-rag. I am thinking he has A7 or a flush draw. K7s possible as well as AK but more unlikely. I do figure you are behind and did the right thing in folding.

A - rag would fit nicely in his range from the CO.

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why would you ever think about calling of your hole stack with 2nd pair?
always a fold here

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I presume you thought the 3bet profitable due to his F3B%, but what the stat doesn't account for is position. IME, LAGs are much more likely to call 3bets in position than otherwise.

I call PF, and probably c/c the flop trying to keep the pot size reasonable. If a diamond, T, or J fall on the turn and he continues to be aggressive, c/f.

As played, this is a fold.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the way you played it, without a read that he shoves light or his flush draws it's a fold. If he's one of those that raises a depolarized range that includes any pair, draws etc. then snap call ofc. You need a few reads

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tanked... then folded.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tanked... then folded.

That's quite alright. For the future don't be scared of making hero calls if your logic and your gut feeling tells you you're good. I see a ton of these aggro dudes totally depolarize their range and bet 3rd pair like the nuts etc. can be really confusing

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situation

why would you ever think about calling of your hole stack with 2nd pair?
always a fold here

In this situation I agree with folding. IMO, There is no "always" in poker however.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like 3betting this preflop. KQs can be played pretty well against a huge range even OOP. I call pre.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like 3betting this preflop. KQs can be played pretty well against a huge range even OOP. I call pre.

Meh. Don't you want to take his stack if you hit a pair? Or more importantly, take aggression away from him and be able to cbet / take down a bigger pot

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think we can do that without 3betting?

Edit to add: From my db when I have 3bet KQs from the blinds it's a -30BB/100 loser. When I flat it 144BB/100 winner. I think I stick to flatting it.

Last edited:
C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think we can do that without 3betting?

Edit to add: From my db when I have 3bet KQs from the blinds it's a -30BB/100 loser. When I flat it 144BB/100 winner. I think I stick to flatting it.

Mine are inconclusive tbh, lol sample size - 12 for 3-betting, 29 for calling over 76K hands. Meh. I am doing better calling fwiw.

It's an interesting discussion though. What would you do in this situation if you had position on him ?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah is hard to get huge samples in specific spots with specific hands but mine was 35 3bets, 122 flats.

Depends really if in position I certainly like 3betting a little more but if he's aggressive postflop I think calling in position and letting him bluff is better.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah is hard to get huge samples in specific spots with specific hands but mine was 35 3bets, 122 flats.

Depends really if in position I certainly like 3betting a little more but if he's aggressive postflop I think calling in position and letting him bluff is better.

Do you ever flat premiums too vs someone really bluffy ?Been trying it a bit but hasn't really worked out I don't think

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never (basically never) flat AA because there is lots of value in coolering KK/QQ before they see a scary flop. I will flat AK/QQ on occasion depending on all the usual concerns. Also remember that I play FR so those nits fold to 3bets with less than QQ/AK.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never (basically never) flat AA because there is lots of value in coolering KK/QQ before they see a scary flop. I will flat AK/QQ on occasion depending on all the usual concerns. Also remember that I play FR so those nits fold to 3bets with less than QQ/AK.

Ah ok. I imagine a 67/12 in 6-max is going to be the same in FR tho, or maybe I'm wrong.

Thx for the tips. WV for mod!

Oh, wait...