$10 NLHE 6-max: Defending SB with AKs against BTN reg

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2868143
The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $9.95
BB: $10.00
UTG: $10.15
CO: $12.10
BTN: $25.48

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Kd Ad
2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 8s Ac Tc (2 players)
Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($4.10) Qh (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.96, Hero calls $1.96

River: ($8.02) Ts (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $3.83, Hero calls $3.83

Villain was multi-tabling reg.

I know that flop should be a bigger bet ( but I tend to see that in similar situations, regs see 1/2 bet as weak and often re-raise in pos.).

I guess this was my biggest mistakes and influenced the play for the rest of the hand.

Turn is not good card for me.
on turn I checked because I knew that I prabobly wouldn't get value from AJ KK or JJ 99 88 and I am chopping with aK and being beaten beatn by AA, AQ, QQ, TT or AT.

To be honest I called and i didn't know whether i was ahead or behind, the same with river, can he have any T apart from TT or AT ?

I feel like I didn't play this hand well, what do you think ?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand is fine and flop bet is fine, we could argue a river fold but its a 45% pot bet and only draw that got there is KJ. (I don't think a T bets turn)

T

thatspoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go bigger on flop, like 65% pot. I think that's your first mistake. On a drier board you can go smaller as his continuing range would be a lot narrower.
As for turn and river, it's very hard to fold w/ this sizing. He has to be valuebetting worse here for this to be a call. If he's a competent reg I doubt he sizes like with with a busted fd so very hard to see what else you can beat. 88 is possible, as is QT, AQ, AT, KJ and maybe even T8s. So I think it's a tight fold on the river but tbh I prob sigh call here too.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'd be surprised how loosely some 10NL regs will flat a 3bet in BTN vs blind. I'm typically going to take the bet/bet/check-call line on a board like this, sizing my turn bet to something much larger like $3.50, and hoping to get called down by weaker Aces and flush draws, but I don't mind your line of bet/check-call/check-call either. Either way, I'm going to get sticky with TPTK and I'm never folding to a river bet, not even if the flush gets there and he overbet shoves.

You need to be sticky in blind vs BTN wars.