$10 NLHE 6-max: bet for value i hit my hand!!!!

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 36/14/0.3

poker stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $10.94
Hero (CO): $10
BTN: $10.22
SB: $7.27
BB: $10
UTG: $12.99

Pre-Flop: K
spadenormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 3
spadenormal.gif
T
diamondnormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
(2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.80) 2
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.55, SB calls $1.55

River: ($4.90) 2
spadenormal.gif
(2 Players)
SB checks, Hero????

no real stats on villain as its over 15 hands but hes a 36/14 0.3 8%agg

I hit my hand, its a value bet every time?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why did you bet the turn? Pretty bad card to barrel imo. As played river is an obvious vbet

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i agree that it was a bad card to barrel in the sense of how best to play the game, but i often too easily check back the turn for a free card to find a river blank and villian donking into me.

Although the 2 doesnt really change his range or mine but if the turn came the second spade (instead of on the flop) id be betting that against him.

But yes most of the time im checking back for the free card, i made an exception because of his stack and ability.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i agree that it was a bad card to barrel in the sense of how best to play the game, but i often too easily check back the turn for a free card to find a river blank and villian donking into me.

I see nothing wrong with this in this spot

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although the 2 doesnt really change his range or mine
If he peels the flop with an ace, he makes a straight draw, as does 55 and 66. A5 just made the 2nd nuts.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The reason you bet the turn here is in the hope villain will fold. The turn dosent change anything, its not a scare card and therefore villain calls the turn bet with most of the range he calls the flop bet.

The reason you bet the turn here is in the hope villian will fold!

So the only reason to bet that turn is if yo planned to bet most rivers unimproved.

If the turn was an Ace or a Queen or a Jack then you could barrell. If it is a King or a spade you could value bet if its an eight you could thin value bet. So there are 27 cards you could bet (more than half the deck).

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He bet the turn as a semibluff but with the hope villain with fold. As played I bet fairly big on the river, although seeing his stack i just shove

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He bet the turn as a semibluff but with the hope villain with fold. As played I bet fairly big on the river, although seeing his stack i just shove

well if the turn is virtually a blank then he has no more fold equity on the turn than he did on the flop (and we know villian called the flop)

You cant be semibluffing if you have no reason to expect villian to fold.

So he was not semibluffing.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it's a semibluff to me as he is betting without a hand, knowing that if he hits he will get paid, but also wanting a fold incase he misses the river. This makes his actual hand not a pure bluff as he has plenty of outs to hit a strong hand, but a semibluff as he only has K high and a flush draw

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it's a semibluff to me as he is betting without a hand, knowing that if he hits he will get paid, but also wanting a fold incase he misses the river. This makes his actual hand not a pure bluff as he has plenty of outs to hit a strong hand, but a semibluff as he only has K high and a flush draw

Its a semi bluff on the flop.

Its a misguided bet on the turn.

jonjonR

jonjonR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you bet for value here and get raised what do u do? Its tough to say right could of got got with a full house. Maybe he has the ace high flush. To me it would be better to play tighter poker and not even be in a hand with those cards in the first place

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant assume you can value bet every time you hit your hand since your hand may not be good even if you hit it. Since there is a pair on the board and you have the second nut flush, the ace high flush, quads (incredibly unlikely), and full houses can beat you. I dont think a quad is likely at all here but a full house is possible if the person played was playing a set. In this hand, I would be a little uneasy betting pot or shove for value but I would be hardpressed in folding since you made the hand. I would bet probably half the pot to gain some value but still limit my losses in this hand.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two posters above - you are playing too weak passive. Betting against opponents ranges, not specific hands.

Opponent will pay off with straights, lower flushes and top pairs. He'll beat you with the A high flush, quads and full houses. You beat far more of his range than beats you, and this kind of passive line is far more often going to be a lower flush draw than it is a full house IMO

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not barrell the turn? He could be floating flop or have 55-99. Your not trying to rep the 2 like it hit your hand but you can try and re-inforce that you wern't c-betting with air and you actually have a hand like Tx.
In micros a lot of people call with marginal or just total junk hands (QJ KJ) trying to hit their 6 outer on the turn and fold to two streets of aggression (this hand being an example).

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't always value bet when you hit your hand depending on your opponent. If you think he is tricky and could have hit a set on the flop and improved to a full house, I would place a decent but not pot bet for value. Since you hit the flush here and villain called on flop and turn, I would put villain on a flush draw or wheel. In this case, I would value bet.

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree you should value bet here. Dont over do it but enough to get called by overpair, Top Pair, stra8, and lower flush. I would would have in the back of my mind that he could re-raised and we could be vs. full house or nut flush but if villan hit this we have to pay him off...

IMO this is what happens when you play hands like K8 suited. This hand is a decent marginal hand and has lots of out but is hardly ever the nuts so you have to be willing to take the small risk that villan has the nuts.

On the turn bet I see both sides. If I had reason to believe that a 2 barrel would produce a fold I would bet but knowing nothing about the villan I would check after he called the c-bet and the turn did not help.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands