$10 NLHE 6-max: AQ on missed flops

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a situation I find myself in quite often, same with AJ and AK.

Folded around
CO Hero As Qc raises 2.5bb
btn folds
sb folds
BB calls 2.5bb

flop (5.5BB) 2d 7c ks
BB checks
hero checks

Turn (5.5BB) 2d 7c ks Jc
BB bets 3.5BB
Hero ???

Should hero cbet the flop 100 % of the time here?
If not, does he call turn with a gutshot?

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This flop (K72 rainbow) is very dry. I'd bet this with 100% of my range at about 25%-30% the size of the pot.

So, bet 1.3bb-1.7bb on this flop with every hand I open from the CO.

When you bet 25%-30% pot, you force your opponent to defend with 77-80% of the hands he called with. It's going to be very hard for them to defend often enough to prevent your cbet from automatically making a profit on this flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I would go for a small C-bet here. Even though you might be "bluffing with the best hand", it has value to end the hand right now and deny his equity. And if he call, you can check back turn and get to realise all your equity for the price of a small C-bet, which is not a bad outcome at all.

Turn
As played a clear call. Not only because you have a gutshot and an overcard, but also because you beat all bluffs, and by checking back flop you have invited him to bluff. If you fail to improve on the river, and he fire another large bet, you can let it go.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Noroma,

I'd listen to the advice above.

For reference, in late position vs BB this exact flop is one of the best for your range. BB can't have too much. Bet 100% of your cards for 25-33% as others have said. Even computer solvers have to overfold there.

If you are a nerd, give this site a read. It goes over that exact flop: https://insiderpoker.com/

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I for sure will. I usually bet 27 % of the pot on all flops where the board is King or Ace as the sole high card, but I kind of didn't know why, but it made sense to be consistent for when I also hit my pairs. This thread has convinced me further