$10 NLHE 6-max: AKo River

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTN: $7.02 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
Hero (SB): $14.72
BB: $6.11 (VPIP: 32.62, PFR: 19.25, 3Bet Preflop: 3.70, Hands: 190)
UTG: $15.35 (VPIP: 31.40, PFR: 24.42, 3Bet Preflop: 13.89, Hands: 86)
MP: $12.33 (VPIP: 24.49, PFR: 16.84, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 209)
CO: $22.39 (VPIP: 12.99, PFR: 11.69, 3Bet Preflop: 6.45, Hands: 81)

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A
heart.png
K
spade.png

fold, MP raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, MP calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 8
spade.png
spade.png
diamond.png

Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60

Turn: ($3.30, 2 players) J
spade.png

Hero bets $1.80, MP calls $1.80

River: ($6.90, 2 players) A
spade.png

Hero bets $1.98, MP raises to $4.46, Hero calls $2.48

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would raise bigger pre-flop to 4x as your out off position.
I see no reason to bet the flop other then a bluff as not much in his range will fold to this flop.

On the turn you pick up equity and yes you can bet this card as a bluff. He calls I now would put him on a range of AA, QsQx, QTs, JJ, 99, 88, 98s, J9s, T9s, ...

On the river the A of spades come in and you have the nut flush. Still there are not many hands that you beat. Would check and call if the price is right on the river.

You bet he raises. I don't think that you can beat any hand that he has but the price is so good that it is almost impossible to fold. Would hate the situation but make the call and make a note of what he shows.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, preflop: We need to size our 3-bet bigger. We make it around 3x, i like 4x at a minimum OOP.

Flop, we need to either check or c-bet. Not... whatever 60 into 2.10 is. C-bet size should be bigger. I will let others who play micros tell you what a good sizing would be, but i use 2/3 a lot.

Same for the turn. We are playing this like we have the nuts, and we are far from it. Our range is never really nunutted, so we need to go bigger than 1/3. If he is calling all of these small bets, he could have anything honestly. We wan't to use a sizing that tells us something about opponent!

River easy call, maybe even a raise here. We have the nut flush! we are only loosing to 99, 88, 89, JJ, and AA. He 4-bets aces, he really doesn't open 98s from mp. so we really are only afraid of 1 combo of 99, 3 of 88, and 3 of JJ. Menawhile he can have sooo many Qsxx combos that are wierded out by your sorta crazy line.

Overall, bet sizing throughout the hand was, honestly, poor. Our line told us nothing about opponent and had little fold equity holding a pure-bluff until the river.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would raise bigger pre-flop to 4x as your out off position.
I see no reason to bet the flop other then a bluff as not much in his range will fold to this flop.

On the turn you pick up equity and yes you can bet this card as a bluff. He calls I now would put him on a range of AA, QsQx, QTs, JJ, 99, 88, 98s, J9s, T9s, ...

On the river the A of spades come in and you have the nut flush. Still there are not many hands that you beat. Would check and call if the price is right on the river.

You bet he raises. I don't think that you can beat any hand that he has but the price is so good that it is almost impossible to fold. Would hate the situation but make the call and make a note of what he shows.

Why are we afraid of this spot? Hero played the hand completely awful, so villain can be stuck in this pot with so much junk than has a small flush like Jsxx

Yeah his line can look like a boat when we look at it one way, but if we look at it a different way it can be "WTF does this guy have that he is betting so small on each street? Ii just wanna see..."

I think we beat a lot of hands. Hero has probably been noted as "super passive" by v. and he thinks he has a ton of fold equity with anything.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are we afraid of this spot? Hero played the hand completely awful, so villain can be stuck in this pot with so much junk than has a small flush like Jsxx

Yeah his line can look like a boat when we look at it one way, but if we look at it a different way it can be "WTF does this guy have that he is betting so small on each street? Ii just wanna see..."

I think we beat a lot of hands. Hero has probably been noted as "super passive" by v. and he thinks he has a ton of fold equity with anything.

It is a 3 bet pot (although the sizing could be bigger) and as the A, K, J, 9, 8 of spades are out of the picture there aren't many high card left for a flush only the Q and a T (and QT beats the opponent even).
The flush is so obvious that in my opinion the villain either has a complete bluff or has a full house or better.