Hero wins 14.2 BB

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this is definitely an unusual line. Out of curiosity, do you have a cohesive strategy for your flop cbetting ranges on certain board textures? This is a surprising spot to check, though I don't inherently dislike it. Against tougher competition and as you move up in stakes, this could definitely be a board where I'd be doing a ton of checking since the board favors the preflop caller.

That being said, this IS 10nl, so I'm not necessarily going to be using a particularly balanced flop cbetting strategy.

Anyway as played, I like calling flop and checking turn. On the river it's a little hard to see what we get value from aside from like T9s that's not in hearts or maybe AT or KT with the A or K of hearts. I also don't think we'll have a lot of river bets here so I definitely don't mind check calling instead.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As scourrge has done a nice job of suming this hand up, I will just add one point!

At my game (which is, admittedly, vastly different than yours), i probably c-bet this for value most of the time. The reason for this is that most thinking players are going to realize that our UTG open almost never connects with this board, other than AhXh. We can therefore expect to get called much more often by vastly weaker hands like KQo that can float the turn if we decide to check.