3 players fold, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero 3-bets to $1, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) Q 2 K (2 players)
Hero bets $0.68, BTN calls $0.68

Turn: ($3.46) A (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($3.46) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.11, BTN calls $1.11

No information on the Villain.
Preflop: Would you always 3bet A9s preflop in SB vs BU?
Flop: Do you have a continuation bet here?
Turn: Continue to barrel on the ace?
River: I think check would be better here.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Correct preflop against a wide position that is looking to steal the blinds.
On the flop you may also want to have a checking range as you have good blockers: You block some values for BTN openings like: JTs; Ah-hh. CB is also fine to keep your range strong.
Turn is a bit neutral as it plays, because now no one seems to have any significant value. X/X is a linear play for this board.
The river completes the backdoor, but that shouldn't be much in the ranges either, so you're playing against a hand similar to yours or max 2 pairs that got lucky. What I mean is that none of the main hands that you unlock (JJ and TT) are to call you a bet, but whether you could let them make the small bet that you did and catch them when you have any reading that villain is very wide.
Greetings.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Dude this is a crazy spot!

Pre:

Awesome combo to 3-bet, as we can have a mostly linear range here and A9s is still better than 60% of Vs opens.

Flop:

KQ2r is a flop that we crush as we have KK and QQ, KQs and KQo. The 2 we can forget about for now.

We can easily range bet this board for 1/3 or less which is what we do. You should literally bet 100% of hands here if this is your strategy, including TT, 88, 89s, and all of that. We still put V into a tough spot with his weak Kx or Qx and we can apply a ton of pressure on the turn and riv.

Turn:

This is the part that has me tripping, as the nuts change and we're in a spot where it can be hard to be called by worse, even with a hand like KQ.

I plugged this into my GTO+ solver (which I must admit I'm not the best at using) and this turn is mostly a check. (pic attached... you'll notice I gave you a very wide range pre!)

I node locked the flop bet to 100%, and V calls with almost everything, only folding his absolute trash and a few under pairs. So he has a lot of stuff on the turn.

Here you really only bet your best 2 pair, JT, Jx and Tx as bluffs and some lower flush draws. Total you only bet 1/5 of the time.

V himself only bets 1/4 times when checked to. His betting range mirrors your own. (He checks most his QQ that he has here!)

River:

River is where I think you made a mistake. Will V ever call here with KJ/KT?

For a solver, the nuts has changed again. Here should be many flushes here, as all Kx Qxs are in play after a flop check. I think Ax wants to bet to show down.

Solver bets 14% of the time (keep in mind you still have most of the combos you had pre), not even all Ax 2 pair are bet OTR.

The solver bets 2 pair with spade blockers- i.e. AQ w/ Qs. A9 wants to check and hope v checks back KTs

So, not the best run out for you!
:icon_bigs

Attachments

• turn bet.JPG
    turn bet.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 11
liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
@loafaBREAD

I agree with you. Although that 3bet range is too wide. SB should 3bet suited connectors with less frequency. Overall though, I agree with, check turn, check-call the river.