$10 NLHE 6-max: A couple of 10nl hands

J

Jordansimo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate it if anyone can review some hands below. Both hands I'm in a large zoom pool with no reads on villain.

Hand 1:

I open 99 in the HJ to .25c. CO raises to a dollar. The BU who only has a .35c stack shoves and we play a side pot.

Flop is Q75 two tone. Villain bets a dollar and I call.

Turn is an offsuit 7. Villain bets 2.40 and I fold. He goes to showdown with the short stack and he had AKo.

Hand 2:

CO opens to 22c. I flat with Q6hh in the BB.

Flop is Qs 6s 2d. He bets 15c. I raise it up to 50c and he 3-bets to $1.20. I call.

Turn is 3d. He bets $2.33 and I call.

River is Ad. He shoves for approx pot and I fold.

I probably would have called on any other river but all his AQ combos (if he is that loose) just improved to beat me, along with his AA. The only combo I really beat at this point is KK.

Thanks for any feedback!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In hand 1 I think it was a correct fold, as there are not many hands that can float on this texture. Possibly a JJ or TT has a relative ability to do it, but in NL10 it may not be the best idea. On the other hand, rank V has a greater number of hands that defeat us. For example Q-T; QJ; QK; 77; KK; AA.
In hand 2 I think Q6s is an unprofitable combination for micro stakes, since it plays with the third flush nut and has a low scale kicker, which is exceeded by 70% of the total possible values. I recommend the preflop fold for this hand.
As played I think that a call is justified in this case, since you have the top of your range and you block QQ and 66, it should not matter too much that the line of diamonds has formed in the river.
Greetings.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 I think we need to make a decision on the flop. With no reads we were mostly set mining and should fold. If we think he has some AK, AJ here we should probably x/r. I really don't like to x/c only to fold to the brick turn. If we were good on the flop we are likely still good on the turn. We just donated an extra dollar hoping to either hit a two outter or have him stop betting for some reason. None of these two things are likely. So in zoom with no reads in a 3 way pot I prefer fold, then x/r, then x/c but calling down blank run outs. x/c flop to fold a blank turn seems like a leak.

Hand 2 fold pre. As played flop is fine. As played jam turn yourself with top two. If he gets there he earned it. If he had us beat already we can blame ourselves for calling OOP with Q6s.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1
Getting 3-bet by someone with position, when we have a hand like 88-JJ, tend to suck, and there is no really ideal solution. Unless we flop a set, we are always bluff catching, and then the question is, how far we want to take that. I think, in this hand we kind of have to call again on the turn on a brick like this. On a A or K we can easily fold.

Hand2
Top two is essentially the same as bottom set, since you are only behind to 5 combos. It is more vulnerable though, so I strongly prefer to play it fast. You can either 4-bet the flop and jam the turn, or call his flop 3-bet and jam the turn. Both will avoid this gross river situation. As played I agree with your fold. You clearly only beat a bluff now.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first hand I would have folded on the flop, although the call in theory is not wrong, the 7 on the turn does not make much difference and since it is zoom there is no reading so the same reason why you called on the flop had to be Enough to call on the turn but I think the fold was correct in my opinion.

in the second hand I would have made a 4bet with all my money you have two pairs on the flop at that time it was very difficult for him to have a better hand than the one you had the only option that I could identify that he was winning the hand is If I connect the set of 2 but due to the action of the pre-flop it doesn't seem possible.

that's how I would have thought in both hands does not mean that you played poorly just as I would have played

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands