€10 NLHE 6-max: 99 v decent reg on baby board, 3 to flush K r

Verdue167

Verdue167

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 23/16/1.9

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, €0.10 BB (5 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com/

SB (€10.26)
Hero (BB) (€14.07)
UTG (€12.22)
MP (€18.75)
Button (€2.39)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9
heart.gif
, 9
diamond.gif

UTG raises €0.30, 1 fold, Button calls €0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls €0.20

Flop: (€0.95) 6
spade.gif
, 6
club.gif
, 3
club.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets €0.70, 1 fold, Hero raises €1.52, UTG calls €0.82

Turn: (€3.99) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (€3.99) K
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets €2, Hero folds

Total pot: €3.99

How did i play this flop? Do you think i was ahead most of the time? Should i have bet the turn?
V has a low flop cbet (38%) and low river aggression (18%)

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain's stats says he wouldn't raise with any 6X combos from UTG unless if it's 66 or sometimes A6s/K6s, which I highly doubt. Villain could be making standard raises with 88+.

Preflop - call is good.Flop - raise could have been larger. (~$2.10+)
Turn - hero could have continued for 2/3 or 3/4 pot, telling the story that you have a 6 or to charge him for a club if he's drawing. Villain wouldn't call without on flush draw without implied odds.
River - I would've folded also

I think you were ahead until the river.

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I put myself in the villain place, you check/raised the flop, then checked the turn and I checked too. If you were sure of yourself, had a good hand, I would expect you to bet for value on the river, but you checked, so I would bet to try to make you fold.
Do you think this is a possibility ? And do you think this a good way of reasoning ?

But it's also possible he had something and was betting for value. Lot of hands in his range have a king, and he could also have been semi-bluffing while waiting for a club. So I think I would fold anyway.

Verdue167

Verdue167

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I put myself in the villain place, you check/raised the flop, then checked the turn and I checked too. If you were sure of yourself, had a good hand, I would expect you to bet for value on the river, but you checked, so I would bet to try to make you fold.
Do you think this is a possibility ? And do you think this a good way of reasoning ?

ok, good thinking. I could have repped a strong hand on the river , but which hand is strong on the flop and on the river? raising a cbet on the flop means a set, sometimes TPTK, sometimes an overpair. The board is paired, so i would not raise a set here, there is no TPTK, and an overpair is likely not an overpair anymore on the river.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

But it's also possible he had something and was betting for value. Lot of hands in his range have a king, and he could also have been semi-bluffing while waiting for a club. So I think I would fold anyway.

I think that is good reason (behind villain’s bet on the river)

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would put villain on AcXc, perhaps would have raised larger on the flop

Full Flush Poker