$10 NLHE 6-max: 4! pot Cbets

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think V being short stacked changed things here so that we definitely bet this flop, but vs a 100bb V, how often do we bet this flop?

I don't think I mind my check, but I should have bet the turn.

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 50 BB
SB: 123.5 BB
BB: 120 BB
UTG: 165.8 BB
Hero (MP): 102.5 BB
CO: 143.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to 2.2 BB, fold, BTN raises to 8.1 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 19.5 BB, BTN calls 11.4 BB

Flop: (40.5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade: K:heart: T:spade:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (40.5 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (40.5 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
Hero bets 10.1 BB, BTN raises to 30.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 20.4 BB

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From there you learn to play poker!? I can't understand this guys...First, 3x size from this position. Never this sh*t, always 3x. "How often do we bet this flop". What is this!? What about 100%!? Is this a "reasonable frequency"!? You have Ace of spades, you can go small. Small OTF, OTT, shove OTR.
Pffff, he have only 50bb. I just saw that. Then just small OTF, shove OTT. And will be better to just shove pre...

Last edited:
loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
From there you learn to play poker!? I can't understand this guys...First, 3x size from this position. Never this sh*t, always 3x. "How often do we bet this flop". What is this!? What about 100%!? Is this a "reasonable frequency"!? You have Ace of spades, you can go small. Small OTF, OTT, shove OTR.
Pffff, he have only 50bb. I just saw that. Then just small OTF, shove OTT. And will be better to just shove pre...

Dude, these posts have me rolling! :laugh:

What stakes do you play? You really think it' best to 3x from all positions?

Shove pre is reasonable.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think we have to bet in both scenarios.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given his stack I'd bet 1/3 pot on the flop and call it off if he raises and jam turn.

Also I'm not sure how your V's respond to 2.2 BB opens but I'd be paying attention to that. Many times they wont be sophisticated enough for this to be optimal. If you're deep in a tournament and short stacked or playing against stronger opponents and opening a range larger that 15% then this may make more sense. Otherwise I'd advocate for opening 2.5x and sizing up over limpers. You also may need to size up to 3x+ as an exploit if you're still getting too many callers pre but your range will need to tighten as well. In live poker for example, it's not uncommon to open raise for 6-7x because people over calling is such a common leak. You should understand why you are deviating from standard though and not just use a one size fits all approach in general.

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, 3x size from this position
What stakes do you play? You really think it' best to 3x from all positions?
I can't understand this guys...
I don't play this high yet (NL 10), but I will some day. I will be soooooo proud. And thank you for the info. For the size, you know...

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bet the flop about 15 BBs. Then jam turn.

And I agree. Shoving pre is good. You don't want him to have KK, QQ, or JJ and get scared by the flop and fold.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the pre flop sizing for tournament play but not for cash. I think at least 2.7x here if not 3x it. I do like the small 4 bet here as it will keep some stuff in that a jam might fold out. On the flop I think the best play is to jam the 30BB left effective rather than try to get a small value bet. First, the small bet could tip off villain that you are strong and they might fold more than to a jam and they should know that if you are betting 12-15BB here that you are never giving up later in the hand. I like the shove and hope they have a pocket pair that is not a set or have Kx or 10x for a 1 pair hand. Trying to get them to call 2 bets post flop is harder than getting them to just call 1 bet in my opinion. Especially when that 1 bet is less than pot and is the bet you would make if you had a bluff in your range.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With just 50BB there are many ways to get the money in. You can take advantage of the fact, the SPR is so low, by giving him a price, which is just to good to resist. Annoying price. Like 8 BB on the flop, 10 BB on the turn, 12 BB on the river. Puts QQ and JJ in a miserable spot. You can also check flop to induce, or you can get it in on flop and turn. Anything will work ofter than checking to him twice and relying on him to put it in for you on the river, so that you mostly get it in, when you are beat.