$10 NLHE 6-max: $10nl...BVB - First Hand Analysis Submission

T

titan72offsuit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As promised on of my goals in the "2012 goals thread" was to work on my cash game and post some hand analysis here. So here is my first crack.

Villian is a fish. Spewing chips everywhere. Earlier called down to the river on a board of AJ873 with a pair of 22. VPIP 60 PFR 20 over about 60 hands.

Texas Hold'em NL $0.05/$0.10 01/08/2012 05:06:43
Table Lima (46633847)
Seat 1: Villian ($5.76 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG ($6.23 in chips)
Seat 3: MP ($10.50 in chips)
Seat 4: CO ($10.00 in chips)
Seat 5: BTN ($6.33 in chips) DEALER
Seat 6: Hero SB ($10.00 in chips)
Hero: Post SB $0.05
BB: Post BB $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [9s 9d]
UTG: Fold
MP: Fold
CO: Fold
BTN: Fold
Hero: Raise $0.30
Villain: Call $0.20
*** FLOP *** [9h Js 8c]
Hero: Bet $0.45
Villian: Call $0.45
*** TURN *** Q♠
Hero: Bet $1.00
Villian: Call $1.00
*** RIVER *** A♠
Hero: Bet $2.75
Villian: Raises All In
Hero??????

BVB should I have raised pre larger? .40 or .50? Or does it really matter to someone who is going to call anyway? Flop bet too small probably??? Think I should have potted it there. Turn card sucked as though as the straight got there. Guess the river call is a no brainer now considering the odds I am getting?

Last edited:
S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be no surprize if he called with 10x. I do not think you wanted to bet larger pre since you wanted action from him.
I would had probabely checked the the river since the hand has showdown value and call a max half pot raise on the river. If he shoves than you can start thinking of folding . But after you bet that much on the river calling 1.2$ in to 10.2$ pot to see if he bluffs or if he has an A is not such a big deal.

B

bounce 2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah villain could have a 10 here but his range could be very wide. I think if he made the straight on the turn he would have raised you all in right there. You have to call just because of the amount of money in the pot already. There will be plenty of times when you call the river shove and villain is holding top pair or 2 pair and other times villain will have the made straight.

Just a thought but the turn bet could be a spot where over betting the flop could be for value beacuse of the numerous outs you have on the river if he hit the straight.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a fish like that you should be raising at least .40. I probably would think like .50 would be best.

You should be potting every street though. Board is wet and this guy is spewy that way you can set up stacks easier

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably check/fold the river. Deffo fold to his shove.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check river maybe call a certain amount but not all-in..

Tens are in his range a lot here, although anything is in his range.

Don't think you can muck here on river I believe it's like $1.25 more for like $9..

T

titan72offsuit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a fish like that you should be raising at least .40. I probably would think like .50 would be best.

You should be potting every street though. Board is wet and this guy is spewy that way you can set up stacks easier

Yeah after thinking about the hand, I think I should have definitely a) raised more pre b) bet more on the flop.

After the hand, I was trying to figure out what I would have done if villian had shoved the turn. Are you getting it in against this guy who has been throwing his chips around for 60 hands?

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why bet higher pre when you want him to dance with you? The fact that the draw completed has nothing to do with your strategy to begin with. Hero has fish isolated and more than that flopped huge.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uh because we know he'll call more than a 3x bet preflop?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands